Headrush 1x12 Monitor

It has two inputs and vol controls. Does that mean you can run the "stereo" L & R into this device? I realize it wont be stereo but....

Obvious answer: try it out ;-) But I don't see why not.
But I like the question: because you can also combine left/right in the Axe3's output menu (SUM L+R) summing the stereo to mono and then you would only need one output.

The manual however has a warning (page 6):
"This has the advantage of not discarding half of the sound, but summing has its own issues. For example, short delays or phase differences between channels can result in strange artifacts or even total cancellation."

So, would these same type of artifacts occur in the HR112 by routing the 2 signals in the speaker? Obviously I like having one cable going to the HR112 but your suggestion might be an idea if it would somehow be superior sounding...

With slight risk of going off topic... Just bought the same HR112 monitor by the way, how do you like it?

You think about running two cables to the monitor and setting two volume knobs instead of summing the signal inside the axe-fx? I can't see any advantage.

Since you control the summing in the AXEFX I would sum it there. You don't really know for sure what a PA speaker is doing with the two inputs internally.

The only advantage of using 2 inputs would be: you could send to input 1 DRY (lets say no reverb or delay) and to input 2 just the WET signal and would be a quick/easy way to adjust FX levels on stage depending on the room/stage how much FX you want. But in this scenario i would use different outputs of Axe FX 3...

Other than this i can't think of any other reason to use both inputs of your speaker.

Back
Top Bottom