Headrush 112

Brian Coonan

Power User
Got one of these today and I have to say - it sounds great (to me). I love my ASM12 - don’t get me wrong but that thing is heavy! The Headrush can be carried with 1 hand. And for the price - definitely worth checking out if you are thinking about getting something. I have a full band rehearsal coming up in a couple weeks where I’ll really get to run it thru its paces so we’ll see how that goes!
Here’s just a quick iPhone clip with my clean channel.

I own one and like it too.
Great power for rehearsal level and light weight.
High frequency spectrum is limited in comparaison with clr but a great real cab feeling imo.
considering the price, it's really worth it at least to test one.

I own 2 108’s and they rock. I use output 2 with a touch of eq correction.
I had the same thing at rehearsal for the first time 108. The master equalizer is all at 0, did not have time to compare with the presets made in the headphones at home. I would like to know your equalizer settings to compare. If you can publish ...

I had the same thing at rehearsal for the first time 108. The master equalizer is all at 0, did not have time to compare with the presets made in the headphones at home. I would like to know your equalizer settings to compare. If you can publish ...
Very subtle. Small cut to the low end, slight boost to the highs. Sorry, I’m out of town or I would give you the exact numbers

Very subtle. Small cut to the low end, slight boost to the highs. Sorry, I’m out of town or I would give you the exact numbers
Thanks for the answer. Today, there was little time for rehearsals again, I quickly adjusted the equalizer within 0.5 dB, like there is an improvement, (or suggestion?) - 31 -0.25db, 63 -0.25db, 125 -0.20db, 250 0db, 500 + 0.10db, 1k 0db, 2k + 0.10db, 4k + 0.15db, 8k + 0.10db, 16 0db. Maybe we need to change more radically? I understand that everything is indivisible for the room, volume level, guitar, but there is no limit to perfection, so I would like to know your settings specifically (to understand the problem frequencies compared to the presets made in the headphones). English is not my native language, so all claims to Google translator. :)

I have two. I keep one here at the house and one at our rehearsal space. I think they sound good especially for the money. I can't say of they hold up to the top end powered FRFR's out there as I've never heard them. But, for what I do, I think they sound real good.

Thanks for the answer. Today, there was little time for rehearsals again, I quickly adjusted the equalizer within 0.5 dB, like there is an improvement, (or suggestion?) - 31 -0.25db, 63 -0.25db, 125 -0.20db, 250 0db, 500 + 0.10db, 1k 0db, 2k + 0.10db, 4k + 0.15db, 8k + 0.10db, 16 0db. Maybe we need to change more radically? I understand that everything is indivisible for the room, volume level, guitar, but there is no limit to perfection, so I would like to know your settings specifically (to understand the problem frequencies compared to the presets made in the headphones). English is not my native language, so all claims to Google translator. :)
I think I used 3 - 6 dB. In the low region, maybe 100 Hz, i reduced. In the uppers, maybe 8 Hz, I boosted.

I used this last night in rehearsal - it actually held up very well. The other guitarist was using a Metropoulos so once those tubes got warmed up, I had to increase my volume - but tone wise, everything sounded great. I still had a ton of room to turn up too - Had the headrush on around 4 or 5 and my AX8 output was at about 11 oclock. Overall, definitely a keeper and so much easier to move than the ASM12 (which I have to send in for work)

I used this last night in rehearsal - it actually held up very well. The other guitarist was using a Metropoulos so once those tubes got warmed up, I had to increase my volume - but tone wise, everything sounded great. I still had a ton of room to turn up too - Had the headrush on around 4 or 5 and my AX8 output was at about 11 oclock. Overall, definitely a keeper and so much easier to move than the ASM12 (which I have to send in for work)

Been eyeing these too....I’m new to all of this. Wonder how it will hold up for stoner/metal/ambient stuff.

Back
Top Bottom