Headrush 108 Issue

Jipps0525

Power User
I think my Headrush unit might be busted but I just wanna check here first. This is a brand new unit since my last one was broken and Sweetwater replaced it, which is making me think Im just unlucky or these things are junk. Ive gone through many presets and Axe-Xchange presets done lo/hi cuts/ modified output 2 EQ and my Headrush monitor just keeps making all these weird warbly noises and fast paced thumping noises. Happens on both inputs of the Headrush unit. Any FM3 settings I should check or you think the speaker is busted?

Not that it is related but I bought one new 6 days ago and it died yesterday. This was after a few instances the day before when the amp was acting up by getting really loud after plugging a footswitch into my FM3. I took it back today and instead of getting a replacement, decided to upgrade to a Powercab 112 instead. I am very happy with that decision as the Powercab sounds way better IMO.

These are considered consumer-grade and the FM3 level should be run at -10dB.

I just got the 112, keeping my fingers crossed.

These are considered consumer-grade and the FM3 level should be run at -10dB.

I just got the 112, keeping my fingers crossed.
thats what my output is set at. Im going to try just playing music through the speaker tomorrow, but now that I think about it, it's been sounding weird at my last two rehearsals with my kemper

Try recorded music through the speaker.
Trying to do this right now but not getting the music from my PC played through the monitor. My instrument sound is coming through but not the PC playback on windows 10. I have the drivers installed, followed the manual for proper setup, and checked the meters page. Even in Windows sound settings, my FM3 output meter is moving but Im not hearing anything. Any idea? I have output 2 set to copy output 1

That won't work with music played from your PC; you'll have to plug it into output 1.
Could I use the phones jack for a 1/4" cable? On page 32 of the User manual, it says personal FrFr monitor should go to Output 2L.
Page 24 of the manual says for USB playback "Destination: The Output 1 Jacks (and Headphones)
I am trying to do both at the moment; play my guitar and listen to music to jam to

Are you using global eq on output 2? If so, try turning it off. There have been several posts of a possible bug in 3.02 regarding this.

does it happen if it's not connected to Edit?
Yes, it still happens if Im not connected to edit. Is it possible the actual USB plug im using can cause this sort of issue? So far, when I take out the USB plug, it's not happening or it's happening much less, but that's only been a couple times Ive tried it since you mentioned FM3 Edit. I also had issues when trying to play my Kemper Stage with the same USB connected to my PC, but that would just freeze the PC, not cause any audio issues. Is it possible the USB cable itself can cause these different issues. The name of the specific USB cable we have to use is USB-A to USB-B correct?

Do you get the issue connecting only (a) guitar to FM3 then (b) FM3 to the 108(s), using 1/4" cables and no other connections?
(no USB, no MIDI, etc. of course power, duh).

I would identify the issue from bare bones connections, adding one thing at a time to isolate the cause. I might actually start at guitar > FM3 and actual headphones only, then 108 using headphones output, then mains. Make sure that the power for FM3 and 108(s) is clean - in different circuit / plug from fish tanks, air conditioners, etc. other cycling electronics. Don't connect any USB or anything else until you can ID the issue accurately. One step at a time.

Do you get the issue connecting only (a) guitar to FM3 then (b) FM3 to the 108(s), using 1/4" cables and no other connections?
(no USB, no MIDI, etc. of course power, duh).

I would identify the issue from bare bones connections, adding one thing at a time to isolate the cause. I might actually start at guitar > FM3 and actual headphones only, then 108 using headphones output, then mains. Make sure that the power for FM3 and 108(s) is clean - in different circuit / plug from fish tanks, air conditioners, etc. other cycling electronics. Don't connect any USB or anything else until you can ID the issue accurately. One step at a time.
Solid advice I will try all these baby steps for sure. I also ordered a new usb cable as well because I was having trouble connecting my kemper stage to pc with the same usb. My pc kept freezing but mac would be no issue. I just never thought a usb could possibly cause this wide variety of issues. I’m really hoping it’s just that simple of a fix.

Back
Top Bottom