Headphones!

Hello fellows owners. I’m trading in my headrush today and have a axe fx on
The way. I’m not currently gigging and play strictly through headphones. (That’s my break from real life being a single Dad) I own a pair of bose headphones. My question is, am I going to be able to just plug in the outlet and plug the headphones in and play? Obviously, I will be adding more as I go along, but was just wondering if I’m going to be able to atleast jam that way until I get the power cab and speakers. Thanks in advance and look forward to soaking up all the knowledge from you guys!

The DAC and headphone amp in the III is one of the best I've heard! Do yourself a favour and use a decent pair of headphones, may I suggest the Massdrop/Sennheiser HD6XX.

It's a lot better than the headphone output on my interface. Sounds great. I also have the Sennheiser HD6xx and it's the best I've used so far. The III drives the headphones quite easily.

Regardless of which phones you have, you'll need an actual wire to connect to the Axe-FX III. I also have Bose phones, but prefer them for iPhone listening (or other). The phones I use in my studio are the stead worthy Sony MDR-7506 (wired).

Another pair of headphones you may want to checkout are the: Audio Technica ATH-M50x... I recently pickup a pair of these for a different application as was pleasantly surprised how well they worked with the AXE!

I normally play through a studio monitor setup, but these seem to translate well between the two and it's enjoyable enough if you have to do some "silent playing"!

I was looking for a decent budget headphone and I settled on these and they seemed to work quite well!

The DAC and headphone amp in the III is one of the best I've heard! Do yourself a favour and use a decent pair of headphones, may I suggest the Massdrop/Sennheiser HD6XX.

Love those headphones!

Bought them to replace my broken Beyerdynamics DT880 PRO and I am not disappointed one bit! (Especially for the price paid)

How do you manage the chord?
Face back to Axe, maintain distance so it belly's above the guitar, behind shoulder, under arm and guitar...
I just cant get used to anything.
Wireless would be the way to go?

Back
Top Bottom