Headphones rabbit hole

Just got a pair of these NAD VISO HP50 in a special sale for 150€ and I'm more than impressed!
They have a big 3D Stage and all details are there.
With 32Ω loud enough for any smartphone etc.
Worth trying in my ears :)

Does anybody know good analog wireless headphones? All I that can find are either not good enough in audio quality or use digital transmission, which I don't want due to latency...

With a few cosmetic changes, those look surprisingly like the Superlux HD-668B.
Glad to say the Presonus are a step up from my previous Samson. No ear fatigue now, after hours of playing and mixing. Very comfortable too. Good entry level option.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread for lending their comments, critiques, and advice on headphones. I just recently got the BT770 and I'm super happy with them!

I have used Blu Mofi's for about 4 years now. I do detailed tweaking (Axe-Fx III) and wear them for hours on end. I feel they are very "true" and that what I send to FOH is what I want to hear coming out front.

Got me an AKG K-702 to use for mastering tasks. Didn't know how much emphasis standard headphones put on bass response and explains why all my mixdowns sounded terrible when listened to in the car.

Had a pair akg's 240 mk2 ,never realized how much bass they had until I got the dt 880 pros.

Acquired a pair of Shure SRH1840’s a couple of years ago ... I have quite a collection of headphones, but just love these things. There is virtually no difference between the sound they put out and my studio monitors, which is the only pair of headphones I have ever owned which I can say that about.

Ignore everyone else in this thread and get the massdrop hd6xx, they are the exact same as sennheiser hd650 and come from the same factory, but are half the price (there is literally no difference)
https://drop.com/buy/massdrop-sennh...HJjZQxCON0dC9s-vvUsaAkHxEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
While I don't disagree that these are a great recommendation, saying there is "literally no difference" is not true.

Take two minutes to read the product page you linked and you will see a number of differences mentioned.

While I don't disagree that these are a great recommendation, saying there is "literally no difference" is not true.

Take two minutes to read the product page you linked and you will see a number of differences mentioned.

You're splitting hairs man. Different paint and different name. I have hd650's and my friend has the hd6xx's. They sound and perform the same.

What actual owners say here:

Last edited:
You're splitting hairs man. Different paint and different name. I have hd650's and my friend has the hd6xx's. They sound and perform the same.

What actual owners say here:

The phrase "literally no difference" means NO difference...

The "literal" definition of "no difference" means nothing is different.

Again, I didn't say that were bad or your recommendation was bad. It's not...

My comment was purely on your wording.

Last edited:
The phrase "literally no difference" means NO difference...

The "literal" definition of "no difference" means nothing is different.

Again, I didn't say that were bad or your recommendation was bad. It's not...

My comment was purely on your wording.

Splitting hairs man....

Back
Top Bottom