Headphones only working on left side

Hi there, as the title states I'm only getting signal through the left side. I am using a 1/4 adaptor but works in every other application. Is there a setting I'm missing? Also can anyone suggest the best headphones for use with the axe?

Thanks in advance

Head phones work with any thing else correctly?I looked in I/O and couldn't find any thing.Does it happen with every patch?

Mine recently came with the same problem. Contact fractal and they will send you the replacement parts no problem. I think they got a bad batch of cables.

Mine recently came with the same problem. Contact fractal and they will send you the replacement parts no problem. I think they got a bad batch of cables.

Thanks for that, I will contact the distro here in Australia and ask about it. Cheers.

Update, if I pull the plug out a bit I get it through both. I contacted where I got it from but so far no response. They where straight back when I bought the axe and mfc.

Are you sure it's still in stereo when you pull the jack out a bit? Sometimes the connection blade (in socket) to the ring section of the jack can contact both tip and ring of the jack when it's pulled out a bit - making both left and right phones speakers play the same 'side'.

Update, if I pull the plug out a bit I get it through both. I contacted where I got it from but so far no response. They where straight back when I bought the axe and mfc.

Don't half plug. This will send only one channel to both ears. Not stereo. Maybe that cable is just what you need.

Exactly what mine did. You most likely need nothing more than the little jumper cable from the motherboard to the headphone jack.

Thanks guys, yeah it's not stereo and it doesn't sound right I just mentioned and I knew it wasn't right still.
I'm sorry but what do you mean a jumper cable? Do you mean the 1/4 inch adaptor.

Thanks for all your input.

I just ordered a brand new AxeFx II XL and first thing I plugged up my headphones and left side sound only. Definitely gives you a bad first impression of the quality of the unit. Anywho - opened my ticket with support and now I'm waiting for a reply.

I just ordered a brand new AxeFx II XL and first thing I plugged up my headphones and left side sound only. Definitely gives you a bad first impression of the quality of the unit. Anywho - opened my ticket with support and now I'm waiting for a reply.

So as a follow up to this they had me box it up and send it in RMA-D. The issue ended up being a broken wire between the board and headphone jack. They fixed it and sent it back - just got it back last night and everything seems fine.

Now I can finally continue my journey of exploring my new Axe FX II XL.

Back
Top Bottom