Headphones only mode?

dongzo

Experienced
Hi

Is there any way to mute the rear outputs for my studio monitors and still be able to get audio to my headphones without cutting power to or turning down my monitors?....or did i miss something?
It would be a really nice feature when switching to headphones-mode for late night sessions or whenever it is necessary to show consideration :)

Cheers

Thanks Jack and thanks Moke.....exactly what I was looking for. I did look at the copy output options, but had no idea what to use them for.
Just got rid of my old UR824 soundcard and replaced it with my new Axe....but only had it for a few hours. Still got a few things to learn after my old Axe-II setup ;)

Well...tried it out. Studio monitors in output-2. Ouput-2 Copy Output-1 ON. But this resulted in another problem.
It seems that the USB part, which is on input-1 will not be copied, so not possible to get output from my DAW...except in the headphones.
Hope there is some other way? If not...I just hope there will be a future firmware update to handle it. A simple headphones-only switch in the I/O would do the trick for me :)

small update....
I tried to make a preset with 2 blocks.... USB IN --> Output-2. This doesn't work.
The only way for now is to use my mac and enter Audio Devices - Axe-FX III "configure speaker" and change the outputs one speaker at a time :/
Im on OSX 10.13.6

P.S.
I just found an old TC-electronic stereo volume knob in my basement, so problem solved for now ;)

Last edited:
Well...tried it out. Studio monitors in output-2. Ouput-2 Copy Output-1 ON. But this resulted in another problem.
It seems that the USB part, which is on input-1 will not be copied, so not possible to get output from my DAW...except in the headphones.
Hope there is some other way? If not...I just hope there will be a future firmware update to handle it. A simple headphones-only switch in the I/O would do the trick for me :)

small update....
I tried to make a preset with 2 blocks.... USB IN --> Output-2. This doesn't work.
The only way for now is to use my mac and enter Audio Devices - Axe-FX III "configure speaker" and change the outputs one speaker at a time :/
Im on OSX 10.13.6

P.S.
I just found an old TC-electronic stereo volume knob in my basement, so problem solved for now ;)
Sounds like you need to read Section 3 in the manual. It's all about USB.

Back
Top Bottom