Headphones for AX8 Recommendations

Uhm no. Headphone jacks are different (I am pretty sure in terms of output) since they drive little speakers. The Main out is a line out... I am pretty sure they won't work well for headphones. You will need like, a sound card, or little mixer to make this work the way you want.

"Line level outputs usually do poorly when driving headphones because their higher source impedance will not properly damp the driver at low frequencies and they can suffer from high frequency roll-off when loaded with significant capacitance."

Here's a quote I stole from someone who knows what they are talking about.

for the AX8 you need a 1/4" Y cable to connect you headphones as it doesn't have a dedicated headphone jack on the unit...or just do the mixer thing.

Beyerdynamic DT770pro with a cheap headphone amp or a small mixer so you can control level on the fly.

#1 on my list: Beyer DT880 Pro. They are the most comfortable. I have the 250 Ohm version. The AX8 outputs sufficient signal level.

I love the Blue Mo-Fi with my Axe-Fx. Almost the same quality as the DT880, and the built-in amp guarantees sufficient signal level (headphones on the Axe-Fx II are less loud than the AX8 outputs).
They look bulky, but I can wear them for hours, without getting heavy or getting hot sweaty ears.

I also owned the Sony MDR-7506, but they don't measure up to the aforementioned. Much more 'hyped' tone.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for all of the replies. My AX8 confirmation email was 11/3, so I guess I have a bit of time to decide on the headphones!!

Back
Top Bottom