Headphones Choice

No. It can drive headphones quite loud. I have a pair that are 250 ohm and can get them loud enough that I have to be careful switching sound sources that are feeding through the FX3, like switching to YouTube to listen to something where the volume often is on full.
Thanks for your answer, to solve the problem with loud audio on youtube videos, you can reduce the volume of "USB Audio In" on global settings (I think it was).

Thanks for your answer, to solve the problem with loud audio on youtube videos, you can reduce the volume of "USB Audio In" on global settings (I think it was).
Yes. I do that, but I use music from the Mac more often so I adjust for it. When I switch to YouTube their videos are set at a lot higher volume.

I'm just curious, what did you exactly do EQ wise? If you don't mind to share. Thanks.

Basically the same method that @Greg Ferguson posted above. The only difference was I used the Output EQ instead of an EQ block. I don't think it's worth me sharing my actual EQ curve because that is headphone (and other factors) dependant. I used the EQ curve for my DT770 Pros, and then tweaked it until it sounded as close as I could get to my CLRs in my untreated room - so it is very specific to my setup. The EQ Curve from Greg's post is a very good starting point though!

That said, I am now using Ollo S4X (only for a couple of days) and so far have not felt the need for any EQ adjustments.

Basically the same method that @Greg Ferguson posted above. The only difference was I used the Output EQ instead of an EQ block. I don't think it's worth me sharing my actual EQ curve because that is headphone (and other factors) dependant. I used the EQ curve for my DT770 Pros, and then tweaked it until it sounded as close as I could get to my CLRs in my untreated room - so it is very specific to my setup. The EQ Curve from Greg's post is a very good starting point though!

That said, I am now using Ollo S4X (only for a couple of days) and so far have not felt the need for any EQ adjustments.
I also use the Output EQ on my FM3 for the curve for my Audeze LCD's, because I'll be damn if I'm doing it 500+ times with a Block for each preset. When I first saw the curve I thought it would sound like crap, but it did improve it over the flat setting.

Yep, Output EQ is pretty useful because, as you said, you don't have to apply it to patches. And you can turn it on/off with the global Output EQ Type setting, so it is easy to engage. Just very annoying when you forget it's on and you have just spent the last hour recording tracks....!

Back
Top Bottom