Headphones and speaker control

GBminA

Headphones and monitor speaker (output 1) are connected by same volume control. When i plug the headphones, speaker is still working what i need is when i use headphones, i dont want to hear anything from speaker. Is it possible?

Otherwise when axe fx 2 is working, i hear a thiny sound seems like it has a small fan in it. Have you experienced that problem too?

Last edited:
This time i cant hear anything on output2 from pc connected via usb even i change usb out source to output2 on I/O settings.
I want to use op1 and op2 for usb and instr.
Op1 for headphones include usb.
Op2 for monitor include usb.
How can i do that?

This time i cant hear anything on output2 from pc connected via usb even i change usb out source to output2 on I/O settings.
I want to use op1 and op2 for usb and instr.
Op1 for headphones include usb.
Op2 for monitor include usb.
How can i do that?

I've had this problem too. Switch USB Out to Output 2 and nothing comes out of the speakers.

You need to set output 2 to copy output 1, go to I/O on the front panels then page over one to audio tab. Then scroll down to copy out1 to out2 and turn it on. Then use output level 2 to control what is hooked to output2. Sorry I see you are using USB for 2 never mind.what Genone said same tab down farther.

Last edited:
I received an email from support for my problem.

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. You are misunderstanding how it works.

Setting USB OUT SOURCE to OUTPUT 2 does not cause computer to be played back through the output 2 L+R jacks of the Axe-Fx. Rather, it sets the source for USB and Digital Outs to either Out1, Out2 or Input.

When set to OUT2, this means that any signals which would normally go to OUT2 (typically because you've used the EFFECTS LOOP block in your preset) will also be sent to USB and Digital Outs. In other words, this is for computer RECORDING, not playback.

After page 175 of this PDF there is a diagram which may help explain:
http://fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-2/Axe-Fx-II-Owners-Manual-600c.pdf

USB playback is always routed to OUT1/Headphones only.

-Matt

I mean I cant use out2 for usb playback, only out1.

Back
Top Bottom