Headphone use... Volume of DAW not loud enough to compete with the Axe

FantomasXD

Inspired
Hey guys,

This might seem pretty basic for most people but I'm a bit of a noob with this stuff. I recently moved into an apartment so I'm strictly using headphones with my Axe FX. I use Logic Pro X. The volume of the click is ridiculously low, even at max volume inside Logic Pro X. I can't hear the Metronome therefore i haven't been playing guitar as much because i can't record things. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Maybe invest in a small mixer, or external soundcard with headphone out that allows setting levels of various input signals.
Focusrite makes nice ones for not a lot of money.

Maybe also check the Sound output levels in Windows in Sound device.

Check the USB Return level from the I/O button on the front panel, page over to the Audio page. is it set to -60.0? If so, turn it up until the USB audio coming through the Axe is at a level that works for you.

Hey guys,

This might seem pretty basic for most people but I'm a bit of a noob with this stuff. I recently moved into an apartment so I'm strictly using headphones with my Axe FX. I use Logic Pro X. The volume of the click is ridiculously low, even at max volume inside Logic Pro X. I can't hear the Metronome therefore i haven't been playing guitar as much because i can't record things. Any help would be much appreciated

Record the Metronome to an audio track, then boost the volume of the audio track.

Check the USB Return level from the I/O button on the front panel, page over to the Audio page. is it set to -60.0? If so, turn it up until the USB audio coming through the Axe is at a level that works for you.
This.

Back
Top Bottom