1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Headphone Recommendations

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by peteri, Jun 28, 2018.

1. peteri

peteri
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Hi

I occasionally use headphones, I currently have set of Bose noise cancelling - which are great for music on my phone, but don't sound good on the AX III.

Very trebly and harsh sounding.

I'm guessing it's an impedance thing - so what are other people using? Or is there a magic setting for headphones I've missed?

Thanks!

Pete

2. RandyVanMartini

RandyVanMartini
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

3. peteri

peteri
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

4. jrgg

jrgg
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Love the Sennheiser HD 600. Industry standard, and sound as close to my studio monitors ( Eve 207), as possible. Very happy with sound quality and comfort.

Paperjace likes this.
  5. 54321pj

54321pj
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Depends on budget of course. I went through a few models - then I tried the Sennheiser HD800s......And had to have them
    Nothing come close as far as I am concerned, they are that good.
    Honestly the same as going from the Axe II to the Axe III
    More definition
    Far more depth
    Far more clarity and separation.

They are brilliant, but expensive!

6. Manny Fufish

Manny Fufish
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

The best sounding headphones I’ve used with the AxeFX have been the ones made by Blue, with the built-in amplifiers. Those were also recommended by Cliff, and they do sound great. The most comfortable for long sessions, have been the Beyer Dynamic GT 880s, I just bought a second pair of those for my practice room. You can wear those for hours and they allow your ears to breath so you never feel boxed in..

Hope it helps!