Headphone Question

tomc3084

Experienced
I bought some Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro's, that I will be using with my Axe FX II. I received them yesterday, and my Axe II won't be here 'till today, so I haven't been able to use them together yet. They sound very detailed, but the bass response just isn't there. Not sure if I am used to cheap headphones' hyped bass, or if they need burned in. I left them on last night for around 6 hours on this video on repeat: New Speaker/Headphone Burn In Track. Pink Noise, Brown Noise and White Noise. - YouTube which is white noise, brown noise, and black noise, I believe. I have read that you should do frequency sweeps, but I have also heard that frequency sweeps can ruin your headphones if you are not careful. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

I wouldn't worry too much about burning in headphones dude.
With regular use they'll end up getting there.
...sooner, rather than later you'll end up saying "Man, these things rock!"

Sweet! I have been reading that people say the Axe FX II drives the 250 Ohm Pro version just fine, but then I read others saying in needs a headphone amp. Which is it?

Same headphones here, no additional amp to drive them. Took me a little bit to get used to them but absolutely love them now. They do behave differently since they are semi-open back... that is, you don't always realize how loud they actually are until you take them off after a few hours :). It's deceiving sometimes.

Same headphones here, no additional amp to drive them. Took me a little bit to get used to them but absolutely love them now. They do behave differently since they are semi-open back... that is, you don't always realize how loud they actually are until you take them off after a few hours :). It's deceiving sometimes.

Thanks for your input, I feel at ease now!

Yeah - the whole burning in thing is super over rated. If you really must, just play a couple of hours of music through them a day for a week or so. Burning headphones in for longer than 4 hours at a time can actually be detrimental (emphasis on CAN BE, not necessarily though) to the speaker which is still stiff when you get it.

I liked the detail on my DT770s when I picked them up, but after about a month of just regular use they are really starting to come into their own. The DT880s are also awesome, so you'll find them great after they soften up a bit.

I have 15 year old cheap ones. met a guy at GC that knows owner of V-Moda, got pair of V-Moda M100's for $100! Normally $300. I figured they will be great compared to what I am using.

Back
Top Bottom