Headphone question

guitardoc

Experienced
I have a question regarding headphones. I am in hospital now but have to prepare for a show week after next. Naturally, in hospital I can only edit my presets using headphones. I use elaborate routing and several amps + cabs in x and y states which makes editing time consuming.

Anyway, I have two sets of headphones at my disposal:
DT 770 Pro with 250 Ohms,
iPhone 7 Stock headphones.

The DT seem to be a bit bass heavy, but that may be just my perception. The iPhone ones on the other hand seem to lack bass.

Since I have to edit my presets using either of those and will not have time to check them extensively with my regular monitors before the show - which do you guys think translate best to the real sound? I am really at a loss here...

Thanks in advance.

If you have a good tone you're happy with when you play normally, use that as a reference and see how it sounds like through headphones and try and match the new sounds to that so that they'll sound right through pa

I'm going to report all of your posts because now suddenly I want to buy some headphones and I need to STOP SPENDING MONEY!
I have more gear than blackbird studios! (Obviously not but you get the point)

Sorry to hear you are in the hospital. Hope you get well soon.

I am very dubious regarding tweaking presets using headphones. Even my high-end reference headphones greatly change the sound when compared to my presets dialed in at gig volume. I would never use headphones to dial in a preset, but that is just me.

Sorry to hear you are in the hospital. Hope you get well soon.

I am very dubious regarding tweaking presets using headphones. Even my high-end reference headphones greatly change the sound when compared to my presets dialed in at gig volume. I would never use headphones to dial in a preset, but that is just me.
Conversely, I do it quite frequently, because I've been playing Fractal units long enough to know what the headphone "sound" translates to when I go to rehearsal. :) Plus, I've been practicing at home with phones for > 10 yrs.
YMMV

But back to the OP's question...
DT770's vs iPhone 7 Stock buds?
No offense intended, but why is that even a question?
770's by a mile !!

Hope you get better soon. Definitely the 770's. I have the DT880 Pro's and really like them. Don't use them much but really like them.

Those ear buds really aren't suitable for much aside from listening to podcasts. No seal, no bass. Even a $10 set of flanged in-ear buds is dramatically better.

Back
Top Bottom