Headphone jack only playing out of right side

Poparad

Power User
I was sitting here practicing this afternoon with headphones on, and the audio just cut out on the left side. My headphones are working fine in stereo in other devices, but not in the AxeFX jack. Would some contact cleaner fix this up, or am I in need of some Axe surgery?

Buy some Deoxit. I have had serious troubles with the jack sockets on my axe. Nomatter the quality of the unit the sockets really can suck. If the jack-tip on the end of your headphone are just a bit smaller it will not make proper contact with the spring inside the Axe. If the jack-plug are "greasy" on the surface you could end up in trouble.

Next Axe: All XLR please.

What is the best method for using deoxifier

Just buy the little can with a brush. Brush on all the connecting areas and wipe with a clean cloth. Even the expensive plugs and socket have chemical remains from the production process. Also brush-on the plug and insert it about ten times into the socket on the electronic device. Even pro-units use China-made sockets that have some deposits after production. AND they especially can get in contact with the jack in a loose manner.
And if you are gigging more frequently, clean all jacks from time to time.
XLR are a lot more safe but you can again clean them just for better contact from the start.
The old jack-system should vanish. Just as Speakon and Powercon is a standard i the pro-community.

Back
Top Bottom