Headphone advice...

I got the Beyerdynamc DT990 Pro open-backs 250 Ohm. Especially great when you don't want isolation and these are very comfortable.
I use these as well. Fantastic headphones. I didn't need or want closed headphones (I already have various pairs), but if I wanted a new pair I'd certainly look again at Beyerdynamic.

Count my vote for the Beyer 880 Pro's. Best I've ever used in the price range (Senn's were a little muddy, KRK's comparable line was shrill and completely awful), but they are not a very loud set of cans, if that's important to you.

this thread inspired me to get some replacements for ly old sennheiser HD595's that i've been using for years, so i bought a pair of beyer DT-800's (premium 250ohm)

holy crap, these are good cans. i actually wish i got the 600's now, as the axe fx is driving these 250's very easily and so is my audio interface, but man, they sound so good. i listened to some steely dan, bryan tyler, hans zimmer and some rush (very clear differences between mp3 @320 and cd quality) and then i plugged them into the front of the axe. i kept thinking my speakers were still turned on (they were off) because the soundstage is so wide and natural, that i thought i was hearing the sound in the room (the reverbs sound incredible through these). i would totally trust these for dialling in patches.

thanks for the info in this thread...i'm really happy with these!

Back
Top Bottom