Heading to the Amp show.

I call BS! Nobody drives 70 on Interstate 40. :mrgreen

That's funny Craig. It was 70 in California, it then went to 75mph in Arizona. So she's hitting 80mph. The 5 mph rule. Craig next year the puppy goes to your neighbors house, because your coming, missed ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you have been all over the threads here and at TGP I would think you would know that the Matrix booth has both the AX8 and Helix side by side going into their line of monitor products.

I just love how guys ask someone for their opinion then question the replies with speculation. :roll

No, I didn't know that. This is the first I e heard it.

Since you have been all over the threads here and at TGP I would think you would know that the Matrix booth has both the AX8 and Helix side by side going into their line of monitor products.

I just love how guys ask someone for their opinion then question the replies with speculation. :roll

To add to my response, I did not know that the Matrix booth had both Helix and the AX8 side by side into Matrix monitors.

But YOU are speculating that Scott listened to both through the same Matrix monitors. He didn't say that, so please eye roll at yourself thank you. All I can gather from his posts is that he heard the AX8 in Fractal's room and heard the Helix in the Matrix booth. I understand and respect that he didn't hear the magic from the Helix that he does from the AX8. His advice to audition both for yourself is always valid and appreciated. I don't know if you've had the pleasure of using Meyer monitors yourself, but my limited experience with smaller ones tells me that there's a noticeable difference in sound quality with the Meyer, hence my question seeking his thoughts on the subject. I wasn't questioning him. I believe 100% that he accurately related his experience.

Now if he did listen to both units through the same Matrix monitor, I'd love to hear that.

What I'm saying, is that from what I heard with my own ears, it wasn't even close to the Axe-8, it just wasn't. Please make your own mind up as you don't know me from Adam. YouTube is not going to do what you want, as its kind of 2d, if you know what I mean.

I mean no disrespect to the Helix it will sell to people who don't have an axe-8 to compare it to.

If you love your Axe-fx, you know how that sounds. it's a different processor true, but the same sound quality, with hi end everything else. They did not skimp.

You can't play an interface. I'm not sure about you, but I'm not changing anything that I haven't programmed to do so when I'm in front of my church congregation, besides Axe8 edit looks great, if you want a pretty interface.

I'm typing this as my wife is driving 70 mph back to Phoenix.

Please do the due diligence and check out both before you decide is all I ask. You will not be disappointed with an honest comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your responses. I appreciate them. I do plan to test a Helix next to a friend's AXEFX and listen to the differences. Maybe even directly against an AX8 depending on the wait list and delivery time since I'll have a 45 day return window on the Helix. Based on past experience, I wouldn't be surprised if I send the Helix back and get the AX8.

Matrix didn't have an AX8 and helix in the same room.

They had an axe fx, FX8 and Helix. Andy Hunt had the Fx8 running into the front of his VB800. AxeFx into his new FRFR cabinet (1x12 compact cabinet) and the Helix into a different FRFR cabinet

I'm pretty sure I have some pictures somewhere, gotta dig through my phone.

They had an axe fx, FX8 and Helix. Andy Hunt had the Fx8 running into the front of his VB800. AxeFx into his new FRFR cabinet (1x12 compact cabinet) and the Helix into a different FRFR cabinet

That explains why I hadn't heard it before. Thanks for clearing this up.

Last edited:

BUT:

QUOTE=RoshRoslin;1257028]Matrix didn't have an AX8 and helix in the same room.

I'm pretty sure I have some pictures somewhere, gotta dig through my phone.[/QUOTE]

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? I suppose you could compare the AxeFX with one amp/cab and that could be a valid substitute.

BUT:

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? I suppose you could compare the AxeFX with one amp/cab and that could be a valid substitute.

They had a kemper too. But, I suppose it would be in poor taste to sit in the Matrix suite/booth and do a shootout on a Line 6 vs Fractal product with the owner (of Matrix) in the room. Andy was there to promote Matrix's products, not Kemper, FAS, Line 6 etc.

BUT:

I was wrong. My apologies as I had read somewhere that they had the AX8 in their room. Maybe the poster confused the two. I stand by my other comment though as you and so many speculate on what is obviously others "opinions". You can do so until the cows come home but no clips or 2nd hand opinions are going to replace a hands on experience. EVER.

Again, my apologies for any confusion I created.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom