HD500 MIDI is "Muting" my AxeFxII

sprint

Axe-Master
Before purchasing an MFC, I was using my Pod HD500 as a midi controller. It worked quite well including program changes. I abandoned the Pod after getting my MFC, but I was thinking I could still use the Pod for some additional control over and above my MFC.

For some reason, now, when my Pod sends a program change message, my AxeFx immediately goes mute when the program change is sent (though it navigates to the correct preset - CCs work fine). I've tried everything to get a a handle on what state the AxeFx goes into. The symptoms in the Axe are:

- No sound on output 1 or 2 from any preset after the program change goes through (level meters in the utility menu are at 0).
- Sound comes back when I do a global bypass (bypass tone).
- I tried changing a patch to all shunts from input to output - still no sound.
- Outputs are still set correctly in the I/O menu.
- Global Out1 and 2 GEQ are set to null (no change).
- Patch Output mixer is set to null (no change).
- THe Axe registers a strong input signal.
- Power off / power on brings back the output volume.

I'm going to try to capture the Midi data from the Pod to see if there's something weird in there but does anyone have any thoughts on what state the AxeFx is going into here?

Sending a 0 value for the Out 1, Out 2 or Input volume CCs could do that. You can test by setting all 3 to "none" in the Axe I/O menu then seeing if it reoccurs.

Thankyou Bakerman - you led me in the right direction. Sure enough 0s showed up on my midi sniffer program so I increased the PC-Offset value on the Axe and it cleared the problem. Interestingly, after fiddling around with the display offset values on Axe and MFC, I can turn the PC-Offset value back to 0 and it works. I'm now in business using the PodHD in tandem with MFC.

Thanks Again

Back
Top Bottom