Having Troubles using Old Presets in III

maorgr

Inspired
Hi guys,

So there are a bunch of presents I wish to use (from axe exchange) on my III device, but when I use FracTool to convert it to III (from either axe8 or II), the result does not sound like I've come to expect from the audio quality of the axe III.

Latest patch I tried using was p005170_BrothersInArms

Can anyone kindly advise about what am I doing wrong in the process of converting the patches ?

Thank you in advance,

-Maor

I’ve had great luck with FracTool and have found it to be spot on. HOWEVER you will probably need to make sure your IR’s are in the same user slot locations that the preset specifies.

I never suggested the tool was bad, it's obviously me doing something wrong.

I’ve had great luck with FracTool and have found it to be spot on. HOWEVER you will probably need to make sure your IR’s are in the same user slot locations that the preset specifies.

Not everything converts well I’ve found. Sometimes it sounds great, other times just sounds totally off.

Different modeling, not all the parameters match up etc. you might not be doing anything wrong, just might not work well in some cases.

Heck, going from an older to newer firmware on the same unit changed the sound in many cases, so trying to transfer it to a whole new platform has got to be even tougher.

Yeah, I only tried to convert a few AFII patches and the ones I had just so happened to be from various FW’s (from around Q8 & up) cause I didn’t/haven’t a final Q 10.01 go thru & Save any individual patches for conversion. A couple converted okay and a couple didn’t. Some of the parameter values were zeroed out. And I think some of the controller values were a bit off or didn’t respond/ act the same.

Seems reasonably close to me? Considering it's a completely different platform. There is more low-end content in the Axe-Fx 3 version.

Yeah, I only tried to convert a few AFII patches and the ones I had just so happened to be from various FW’s (from around Q8 & up) cause I didn’t/haven’t a final Q 10.01 go thru & Save any individual patches for conversion. A couple converted okay and a couple didn’t. Some of the parameter values were zeroed out. And I think some of the controller values were a bit off or didn’t respond/ act the same.
The closest your original patches are to Q10.01, the best they will transfer to the III...
Otherwise, it acts like using a Q8 patch on Q10.01, which will most likely sound different, even on the same machine, gen2

The closest your original patches are to Q10.01, the best they will transfer to the III...
Otherwise, it acts like using a Q8 patch on Q10.01, which will most likely sound different, even on the same machine, gen2
Yeah, I wasn’t really too worried about it, I was mainly transferring the patch for one of the Envelope Filters I had made. It had both the Filter sweep & the Q tied in & I couldn’t remember all the modifier settings. I had noticed that the controller settings didn’t transfer properly? I think.. not sure, there was an issue with it & just had to setup that stuff again.
On the whole, it does work incredibly well. It was just a couple of little things I had noticed, but like you were saying, things get added & removed through FW updates & it is an entirely different platform. I certainly wasn’t complaining. Not in the least!

Yeah, I wasn’t really too worried about it, I was mainly transferring the patch for one of the Envelope Filters I had made. It had both the Filter sweep & the Q tied in & I couldn’t remember all the modifier settings. I had noticed that the controller settings didn’t transfer properly? I think.. not sure, there was an issue with it & just had to setup that stuff again.
On the whole, it does work incredibly well. It was just a couple of little things I had noticed, but like you were saying, things get added & removed through FW updates & it is an entirely different platform. I certainly wasn’t complaining. Not in the least!
If you find any controller (or any?) conversion issues, Please send an example of the preset, pre and post conversion, to @AlGrenadine, so that he can troubleshoot it and make FracTool even better.

I haven't been able to convert AxeIII presets to AX8. Actually, it saves a converted file, but nothing opens - it's blank. Maybe they don't convert?

I haven't been able to convert AxeIII presets to AX8. Actually, it saves a converted file, but nothing opens - it's blank. Maybe they don't convert?

I don't think it works in that direction

You can convert II and AX8 to the III, but don't think you can go III to work on anything else

Not supported... Only conversion TO Axe Fx III from Axe Fx II or AX8 is supported. Nothing FROM Axe Fx III...

Back
Top Bottom