Having trouble uploading my saved custom presets back into the AFX :(

Radley

Experienced
Having trouble uploading my saved custom presets back into the AFX :( I saved them to Sysex Librarian (Mac) via midi, and am now trying to re-load them the same way, but I hear no difference - the midi in light does come on briefly when sending the preset. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Hadley

Are you using the editor? There is a new version (v299) that addressed the Mac issue of crashing when working with banks b and c.

To save one preset, dial to the spot on the hardware then open the preset in the editor and then just click Save Edit Edit on the hardware.

If you have a bank (like I do) then just right click (if you can on an Apple) and "Send To Axe-FX" and then confirm what bank you want to overwrite.

Hope that helped.

Is there a way I can import the sysex files from Sysex Librarian into the new AxeEdit and try loading them from there? I'm really hoping I haven't lost those 8 presets :(

As I understand, the sent preset immediately occupies the AFX edit buffer, so I should hear the change immediately, no?

As I understand, the sent preset immediately occupies the AFX edit buffer, so I should hear the change immediately, no?

It depends on how you send them. If it is sent as a bank, no (you have to change to another preset then back). Individual presets, yes.

To open the sysex file in axe-edit. Click the recall button, the select import from preset file, navigate to and select the preset file.

Are you guys in effect saying you can't save/load AFX presets via Sysex Librarian with midi cables?

Back
Top Bottom