Having serious problemos updating to firmware 1.02...could use some help.

guittarzzan

Inspired
Ok, first off...I've owned an Ultra for a few years and updating firmware isn't new to me so I'm a bit baffled as to what I'm doing wrong or missing.

Here's the gear/software info: Win7 OS computer going usb into M-Audio midisport 4x4 and going in and out of AxefxII on channel C. I'm using the latest Midisport driver for the 4x4 and using the Axe Edit that was released today.

Here's what I DO know:
-In the latest Axe Edit, I can change presets in the software and have it change the preset on my Axe2
so the Axe2 appears to be receiving the midi info ok.

-When I start the update process, the midisport shows activity, Axe Edit and the Axe2 show the progress bar moving, BUT the midi in on the Axe2 shows no activity. The Axe2 DOES show midi activity when not doing the update and just selecting new presets in Axe Edit etc.

-After the update reaches 100% and Axe Edit shows the message to not turn off the Axefx2 or touch the front panel etc, the AxefxII just shows the the Utility screen firmware page with version 1.01/press enter for update etc. Nothing has changed. Yikes!

-I have tried doing the update with Midiox and using Axe Edit failing at both.

-When I start the update process, the midisport shows activity on channel c, the progress bar in Axe
Edit and on the AxefxII show progress and appear to be functioning normally.

-After it appears to have finished sending the info, I get the message in Axe Edit to not do anything
with the AxefxII while it's updating etc. Once that process appears to be finished, I get a message
in Axe Edit saying that the hardware firmware hasn't changed etc and to check my midi connections
etc.

-I've tried the loop back test in Axe Edit and it fails. I'm not sure why this is since I can change presets
on the AxefxII with Axe Edit. There is obviously some communication between the software and
hardware.

Ok you midi experts, what am I doing wrong here? I'm trying again as I type this and again the update appears to be working...but I know it's not and I'm running out of ideas quickly.

thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
I removed all midi and just use the USB now. I have the Aex II as both midi in and out in settings. I also get the loopback failure. Haven't tried a firmware upgrade through AxeEdit yet though. I'll give it a shot and see what flys.

Last edited:
The loopback test will fail unless you follow the instructions beneath the test button. Were you removing the Axe-Fx and making that extra connection?

In any case... forget it for now. Loopback is only needed when you suspect MIDI problems. Try the USB and all should be fine.

Firmware update worked great on my test. How sweet. Firmware updates to the Axe II and MFC with NO issues.

Wooooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!

Cobbler,
So you are hooked up, USB to AXE2, Ethernet to MFC correct ?

How is the managabilty of the MFC101 from the new Editor ? Can't wait to try it out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom