Having fun playing Texas Blues jamming kinda Stevie Ray Vaughan

musicman0001

Experienced
It's not precise and not the correct tone especially due to a very heavy noisegate because of lots and lot of noise and hums here at my attic from the powergrid and PC and pickups ;) i left all the small mistakes, noisegate drops and sloppy beginning ;) im not really a texas blues guy as iplay mostly rock, but love tone and music. Wanted to give a try though.....

So i recorded some jamming with SVR backingtrack. It is all just good plain FUN! Love SVR!

Last edited:
I started with the preset of Tyler Grund. You can see his settings on You Tube and also get them from his website.

Also i should listen more carefully as some parts in the beginning are pretty sloppy ;)

Last edited:
Nicely done! I love the fact that SRV, Hendrix, David Gilmour, (and many other great strat players) inspire people to reach for that tone and their individual phrasing. So many guitarists feel that material is out of reach because it's so iconic. Go for it! Play along with it. Figure out the nuances. Those guys weren't born with magic moondust in their hands... they did what we do! Play it, brethren!

Last edited:
Nicely done! I love the fact that SRV, Hendrix, David Gilmour, (and man other great strat players) inspire people to reach for that tone and their individual phrasing. So many guitarists feel that material is out of reach because it's so iconic. Go for it! Play along with it. Figure out the nuances. Those guys weren't born with magic moondust in their hands... they did what we do! Play it, brethren!
Thanks Brother.

Finaly with the axe fx i can get similar tone and feel and even with a strat without same pickups and wood its getting close. Unfortunately I had to have my gate very very tight as I have too much ground and hums (you can hear it even in the break getting through the tone hahaha). And recording is soooo different playing (and also non forgiving if you play sloppy). But i felt loving to jam a little and see how it sounds. Not the best, but still fun!

But it definitely will not stop me playing ;)
Those guys are definitely iconic indeed.

Will try Gilmore soon haha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom