Have you seen a bass like this ("Brian Bromberg" koa/maple)

This is a really long shot. I made (and played) this bass in the early 1980's. The design wound up looking like what later became the "Brian Bromberg" bass(es), but they didn't exist then. In my mind I was taking design elements from BC Rich and Fender.
I sold it to fund my first Tobias. Since that's the only way I could have made that work, I don't regret it, but I'd sure like to find it again.
It looked very much like this (found this koa beauty in the Carvin Brian Brombert thread).
With some exceptions, chiefly:
French polish rather than gloss finish;
No blocks - little snowflake-ish inlay dots (if I remember correctly)
2 humbuckers (Seymour Duncan - cream and red)
Stars Guitars brass bridge
2+2 headstock
Body wings are koa, neck is maple - no other laminates

I'd be stoked to find it again.
95a7.jpg

Tags: bollywood ringtones, classical ringtones, ringtones free

Last edited:
Not sure the image is showing, unless its just my browser. Regardless, the Koa bit caught my attention, I love that wood for its tonal qualities and its just stunning!

Image isn't working for me either. I'd suggest starting over at Talkbass.com as well. It's presently the largest online community for bass players, so you might have some luck there. Also, check with our friends across the pond at basschat.co.uk.

Yea no image but you can always check with Kiesel Guitars. They have a Bromberg style bass you can have custom built with probably some of the same specs. Here's one from the custom shop they had up for sale at one point... http://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/129224

That one is sold but you get the idea. Chances of finding the same one as before are slim to none. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom