Have we reached a point

For me sound-heaven was already reached with Axe Fx II FW 14 or so....anything that came since is goodies to me. Extremely happy to have new FW of course and also not to have them every week or month as I prefer concentrate on playing and not spent too much time on adapting my presets.
Whatever comes is good to me.

I'm sure modeling can still be improved by a lot... but is it necessary? The Axe III is as good as it gets and pretty much indistinguishable from a tube amp + mic setup. I think the focus should be on optimization now. Imagine if the CPU usage for our currently most complex presets would be halved. Or if all of what the Axe III can do would fit into a Pocket POD-sized device. Now that would be crazy.

To be honest as a newish adoptee I am glad for the break of updating the thing. Every update is massively appreciated but I use maybe 3 amps, and I would say a bit of delay/reverb and I am done. I am a convenience, stability and sound quality over 800 overdrive options kind of person so apart from Cygnus ( I mean WOW, he could have retired on that update alone) the rest don’t really apply.

This is the unfortunate situation technology has put us in. We want it all, we want it delivered fast, we want exceptional quality, we won’t really even use it. Long gone, it’s a Marshall Amp, like the tone (buy it), don’t like the tone(don’t buy it) but the tones the tone.

I'm sure modeling can still be improved by a lot... but is it necessary? The Axe III is as good as it gets and pretty much indistinguishable from a tube amp + mic setup. I think the focus should be on optimization now. Imagine if the CPU usage for our currently most complex presets would be halved. Or if all of what the Axe III can do would fit into a Pocket POD-sized device. Now that would be crazy.
You know what I have always wanted. An amp simulator, not a million delays or compressors or drives, just a quality small form factor amp sim. Even if the amp sims themselves where purchased outside of the boxes basic capabilities as add-ons.

Imagine a pedalboard with a small amp sim, loaded with a JCM800, Mesa, with fast switching of channels. Input for Pre, output for Post, usb for updating and midi or jack for channel switching…. Would love that and the cost would be minimal to buy and the add-on purchases would be a constant revenue to fund development.

Or I am talking crap and just need an FM3 haha

Back
Top Bottom