Have we reached a point

Really? We're in beta cycles for the FM3 and FM9 and the FX3 firmware was upgraded last month with its attending improvements, and Cliff just announced some new improvements in his algorithms which will drive further updates. HOW have firmware revisions been reduced to a trickle?

Exactly what sort of output do you expect from the teams? How would you compare them to the competition?

They've been saying/asking that for years. Then Cliff and the team respond with a game changer.

They have done a TON of major upgrades in the past year. I say they're due a cool-down period.

Though there is a point with any engineering project where the hardware capabilities create a barrier for future firmware development. Not quite sure we're there yet.

The quality of the audio is always being tweaked and improved. I'm not a programmer, but judging by the relatively small file size of the firmware, I'm sure there's lots of room for refinement.

Keeping in mind, that for some years now, we have been unable to distinguish the model from analog. So it's really splitting hairs at this point. 😁

200w.gif

Even if Cliff hits a point where he can’t get any further, that certainly doesn’t mean us a musicians/users should. These things have so much inside them they’re practically as limitless as creativity itself.

Last edited:
200w.gif

Even if Cliff hits a point where he can’t get any further, that certainly doesn’t mean us a musicians/users should. These things have so much inside them they’re practically as limitless as creativity itself.

This! This again! This some more!!

I will never exhaust what this gear can do. I will exhaust my own abilities before that ever happens. And have a lot
of damn fun doing so. :)

Just because FAS isn't constantly releasing new firmware doesn't mean they're not constantly working on it.

If anything, what I've seen on the forums over the past 18 months leads me to believe the pace of innovation at FAS is accelerating. Cygnus? FullRes? MkII Turbo? Novel ODE solution in the pipeline reducing CPU costs across the product range?

Cliff and company might be taking a bit of a much deserved break. But FAS has also proven their quest for perfecting their products thru the years... and probably not done in doing so.
What else could one ask for? For me... I dunno.
Opinions will vary... but, I might think... the genius may be up to something. Seems he always is, and we can be thankful of that!

Back
Top Bottom