Have someone nailed this Flanger style effect?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

I need little help ,for nail this solo effect. And im looking for that clip solo effect ,there is moving left to right some effect. My ear that effect is Flanger ,but I cant nail that its too hard. I know he was use MXR Doubler/Flanger ,whit live and studio. If someone can find those settings and share those ,that would be amazing. Link for that clip is below.

https://soundcloud.com/user127617997/solo-clip

Search for MOAEE in the forum ( Mother of all effect emulation Thread ) there are 2 or maybe 3 thread with this name ... There ara plenty of very well emulated effect block ... Thru-zero flange too ...

Hey

I was search there ,but sadly I did not find that Thru-zero flange.

Search for MOAEE in the forum ( Mother of all effect emulation Thread ) there are 2 or maybe 3 thread with this name ... There ara plenty of very well emulated effect block ... Thru-zero flange too ...

Hey

Yeah I found that ,but I cant nail that clip settings. Javajunkie have done amazing presets ,would be nice if him will try to find those settings?

"Thru-Zero" is available as a flanger type. Select it and dial in depth and feedback to taste.

Okay messing with it, it isn't a thru zero flange. Although the end result sounds similar. To get the MXR flanger/doubler sound like Dimebag, use a delay (the flanger does not have a long enough delay time). Attach a modifier to the delay times are probably in the order od 12-20 minimum and 16-24 max. maybe more/maybe less. You have to play with it. set the modifier source to an LFO with a slow sweep and probably an exponential waveform.
The best way to do this would be to use 2 amp blocks. One dry, one 100% delayed. One panned hard left, the other hard right. Negative feedback on the delay.
You can also do it with a delay set to 50% and one side of the delay phase reversed.

He are two examples. These are not intended as exact dimebags settings but should get you started on the right track. I just grabbed the amp tones from Axechange (it was from a 7.0 version) so you will certain want to use your own amp settings.

One example is a parallel delay. It would sound better with 2 amp blocks panned hard left/right.
The other is with a delay is series.

View attachment mxr_doubler.syx

View attachment mxr_doubler_series.syx

Hey

I need little help ,for nail this solo effect. And im looking for that clip solo effect ,there is moving left to right some effect. My ear that effect is Flanger ,but I cant nail that its too hard. I know he was use MXR Doubler/Flanger ,whit live and studio. If someone can find those settings and share those ,that would be amazing. Link for that clip is below.

https://soundcloud.com/user127617997/solo-clip

Where did you get that stem track from? Dime was a huge influence on me both musically & attitude wise. I'm not sure if I still have the magazine from the early 90's that had an article with him where he went in depth about what he used & his settings.

I think for his rhythm sound he used a side chained noise gate made by Rocktron and a Flanger with the speed at the lowest setting and adjusted the depth to get an out of phase kind of tone.

For his lead tone I think he lowered the noise gate threshold & raised the Flanger speed to get more of the swirling sound.

Hey

Thanks a lot javajunkie wow ,I will test that tonight when I get my axe back in home. Yeah I was have that mxr flanger/doubler some years ago ,it was amazing device btw. Very big thanks for those presets.

Okay messing with it, it isn't a thru zero flange. Although the end result sounds similar. To get the MXR flanger/doubler sound like Dimebag, use a delay (the flanger does not have a long enough delay time). Attach a modifier to the delay times are probably in the order od 12-20 minimum and 16-24 max. maybe more/maybe less. You have to play with it. set the modifier source to an LFO with a slow sweep and probably an exponential waveform.
The best way to do this would be to use 2 amp blocks. One dry, one 100% delayed. One panned hard left, the other hard right. Negative feedback on the delay.
You can also do it with a delay set to 50% and one side of the delay phase reversed.

He are two examples. These are not intended as exact dimebags settings but should get you started on the right track. I just grabbed the amp tones from Axechange (it was from a 7.0 version) so you will certain want to use your own amp settings.

One example is a parallel delay. It would sound better with 2 amp blocks panned hard left/right.

View attachment 20261

View attachment 20262

Hey

I was found that in internet ,cant remember that web site name anymore. Yeah I have read those magazine interview too ,amazing tone he was have.

Where did you get that stem track from? Dime was a huge influence on me both musically & attitude wise. I'm not sure if I still have the magazine from the early 90's that had an article with him where he went in depth about what he used & his settings.

I think for his rhythm sound he used a side chained noise gate made by Rocktron and a Flanger with the speed at the lowest setting and adjusted the depth to get an out of phase kind of tone.

For his lead tone I think he lowered the noise gate threshold & raised the Flanger speed to get more of the swirling sound.

Hey

Javajunki do you know that ,moving pan style effect what is that? Your doubler settings sounds amazing ,thanks a a lot for those. Im very close now ,only that left to right moving effect I need to know?

View attachment 20261

View attachment 20262

Back
Top Bottom