Have any of you tried the III in 4CM compared to the FX8?

Just wondering if anyone here has tried the III in 4CM vs their FX8 with their amp. I bought a III because I like the ability to create crazy patches and the functionality of the FC-12 controller (lights, scribble strips, etc).

I've been comparing the FX8 to the III and what sucks is I think I like the FX8 better so far. The effects seem to be more lush compared to the III which is kind of ridiculous considering the price difference. But the III wasn't made for 4cm so there you go I guess.

Anyone else have an experience they can chime in on?

I have both and am surprised to hear this experience. Are you running the III FRFR for comparison or only through an amp and cab?
If using amp and speaker cab, check that amp and cab modeling are off in the III settings and see what you think??

I have both and am surprised to hear this experience. Are you running the III FRFR for comparison or only through an amp and cab?
If using amp and speaker cab, check that amp and cab modeling are off in the III settings and see what you think??

I turned off amp and cab modeling off and I think that helped clear it up a bit.

Have you found your III to be better in 4cm? Do you like the effects quality better?

I use the FX8 with my Marshall amps and run the III into CLR and ASM-12 currently. Tried the III 4CM with amps and it sounded great but never dialed in presets for use with them. I would suspect you could accomplish much more with the III than the FX8 if one were to dial it in accordingly though.

Oh, and related to another post I saw in the forum, if you want/need relay or switching for the amp, I think you will want to use FX8. I think thats unavailable with the III unless using midi and such with an amp. (Could be mistaken)

I turned off amp and cab modeling off and I think that helped clear it up a bit.

Have you found your III to be better in 4cm? Do you like the effects quality better?
the Axe3 effects are almost all updated and better compared to the FX8. if you had amp and cab modeling on with the Axe3, that probably was the reason things didn't sound good going through a real amp and cab.

the FX8 definitely still sounds great. but the Axe3 is factually better/updated/upgraded.

Back
Top Bottom