Have a gig tomorrow. MFC 101 not working. Help!

I just sold my MFC 101 thru Reverb (to fund my Axe3:)). Was working fine for me, but buyer (who has a pro gig tomorrow) says when he connected it via ethernet and it says "axe fx name timeout!". Do you have any idea why? Thanks so much.

I just sold my MFC 101 thru Reverb (to fund my Axe3:)). Was working fine for me, but buyer (who has a pro gig tomorrow) says when he connected it via ethernet and it says "axe fx name timeout!". Do you have any idea why? Thanks so much.
Is he using it with the same axefx model you did?
If not then he must change it in mfc settings.
Also if he doesn't use the same connection method he has to change it on his axefx

Last edited:
One possibility if he is using Ethernet is that he has damaged his Axe-Fx by previously plugging USB or some other cable into the unit's Ethernet port. This used to happen from time to time. People would say, "I never did anything like that..." then you'd open the unit and see the tell-tale burnt traces on the Axe-Fx board. The signature symptom of this issue is "Name Timeout" over ethernet, while the unit works fine when connected using an appropriately wired MIDI cable

You guys are awesome. Thank you! He decided to use midi for tomorrow and trouble shoot later. I'm 95% sure it just needs to set his axe to Ethernet in the settings. I will update this thread for future user who might run into this. That is if he gets back to me. Thanks again everyone

Back
Top Bottom