Have a block in different places on different scenes?

claxor

Power User
Not sure if this has been covered or tried, but would it be possible to have a given block, let's say the pitch block before the amp in scene 1, but for scene 2 we want the pitch block to be after the amp in parallel. This could be just as useful as the 4 channels per block idea.

Thoughts?

Nope.

Moving blocks is done with a preset change. You can use multiple instances of a block in a preset though.

Not possible. Scenes are always based on a single preset.

If needed you could use a send/return pair, mixer & filter (or anything for muting) to get the same result. The routing would look something like this.

w53znJe.png

So, I know changing scenes is very quick, but how fast is changing presets?
Almost as fast. Flipping through my presets, the new preset is loaded and performing in about a tenth of a second.

If needed you could use a send/return pair, mixer & filter (or anything for muting) to get the same result. The routing would look something like this.

w53znJe.png

Interesting idea! So, what would you bypass (mute) for the pitch to be in front of the amp in scene 1, and what would you bypass (mute) for the pitch after the amp in scene 2? (just trying to get this straight in my mind)

Interesting idea! So, what would you bypass (mute) for the pitch to be in front of the amp in scene 1, and what would you bypass (mute) for the pitch after the amp in scene 2? (just trying to get this straight in my mind)

Scene 1: Thru-bypass return block & mute-bypass filter, mixer row 1/2 levels at 0/100

Scene 2: Engage return (100% mix) and filter, mixer levels 100/0

Just use two pitch blocks. Bypass one for one scene and the other for the other scene.

I'm not too familiar with the mixer block: does mixer row 1/2 levels at 0/100 mean rows 1 and 2 in the mixer block both have levels at 0?

I'm not too familiar with the mixer block: does mixer row 1/2 levels at 0/100 mean rows 1 and 2 in the mixer block both have levels at 0?

In the Axe-Fx 3, there should be 6 volume sliders per Mixer block, one for each of the blocks in the column before it on the grid.

A Mixer block with the sliders for rows 1 and 2 being set at minimum, and the sliders for rows 3-6 untouched, would mean that the signal coming from the Mixer block would consist of no signal from rows 1 and 2, while everything coming from rows 3-6 would be summed into the Mixer block and pass through unaltered.

We will have 4 channels with the pitch block in the Axe 3, correct?

Correct. A Pitch block has 4 channels. You can have 2 Pitch blocks per patch, so technically you can have 8 Pitch channels available per patch.

Back
Top Bottom