Has the Hold Function Changed?

Doubleneck

Inspired
This is an 8 Scene Fender amp set-up. I used to be able be in Scene 1 and then by holding and releasing button 5, switch between Scene between SCENE 1 & 8, what has changed to get it working that way again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 12.03.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 12.03.21 AM.png
    421.1 KB · Views: 18
I have SCENE 1 button set-up to toggle between SCENES 1/5, SCENE 2 button set-up to toggle between SCENES 2/6, SCENE 3 button set-up to toggle between SCENES 3/7 & SCENE 4 button set-up to toggle between SCENES 4/8.

For example: If I’m on SCENE 1 I used to be able to hold SCENE 4 button down then let go and it would take me to SCENE 8, I haven’t changed anything and I can’t do that anymore.

If I understand the FC;s operation correctly, and based upon using the 'hold' for other functions, if you're going from one switch to another the hold function of the new switch will select the Primary Scene first. If you're already on the Primary Scene, it will toggle to the Secondary Scene.

For what you're wanting to do, maybe try assigning the hold functions of switches 2-5 to only select the Secondary Scene. The tap function is selecting the Primary Scene already. This would give you access to any of the 8 scenes at any point using either the Tap or Hold feature.

There's no setting I can think of that would disable hold functions on an FC switch. Maybe post some Axe-Edit screen captures and check your settings under SETUP: FC Controllers : Config.

If I understand the FC;s operation correctly, and based upon using the 'hold' for other functions, if you're going from one switch to another the hold function of the new switch will select the Primary Scene first. If you're already on the Primary Scene, it will toggle to the Secondary Scene.

For what you're wanting to do, maybe try assigning the hold functions of switches 2-5 to only select the Secondary Scene. The tap function is selecting the Primary Scene already. This would give you access to any of the 8 scenes at any point using either the Tap or Hold feature.
I have access to all 8 Scenes, but to go from SCENE 1 to SCENE 8, I have to tap SCENE 4 then Hold SCENE 4 to access SCENE 8 if that make sense. Before it worked the way I described above?

your tap function is set to Select a scene. that means when you tap it, it always goes to that Scene.

your hold function is set to Toggle between 2 scenes. that means the first "hold" toggle is the first Scene, and while on that Scene, holding again will toggle to the other scene on that switch.

why not just set the Hold function to Select the 2nd scene? don't use a Toggle on the hold function if your Tap function already selects the 1st "toggled" scene.

There's no setting I can think of that would disable hold functions on an FC switch. Maybe post some Axe-Edit screen captures and check your settings under SETUP: FC Controllers : Config.

On the Hold Function Execute Mode I have it set to SWITCH UP
Hold Function Execute Mode
your tap function is set to Select a scene. that means when you tap it, it always goes to that Scene.

your hold function is set to Toggle between 2 scenes. that means the first "hold" toggle is the first Scene, and while on that Scene, holding again will toggle to the other scene on that switch.

why not just set the Hold function to Select the 2nd scene? don't use a Toggle on the hold function if your Tap function already selects the 1st "toggled" scene.
Brilliant, does exactly what I want it to do! What I don't understand is that's how it used to work? Thank you!

On the Hold Function Execute Mode I have it set to SWITCH UP
Hold Function Execute Mode

Brilliant, does exactly what I want it to do! What I don't understand ist hat that is how it used to work? Thank you!

that just means that you can hold the switch down, and when the "hold timeout" passes, it won't trigger the action until you let go of the switch.

this has nothing to do with why you have a Toggle function on the Hold setting, when the Tap function is selecting the same exact Scene as the Hold function.

i don't think it ever worked the way you're describing, due to how the Toggle function works.

again, why are you using Toggle on the Hold function? can't you just set it to Select just like the Tap function?

that just means that you can hold the switch down, and when the "hold timeout" passes, it won't trigger the action until you let go of the switch.

this has nothing to do with why you have a Toggle function on the Hold setting, when the Tap function is selecting the same exact Scene as the Hold function.

i don't think it ever worked the way you're describing, due to how the Toggle function works.

again, why are you using Toggle on the Hold function? can't you just set it to Select just like the Tap function?
I meant Brilliant to you, i just set it up as you described and it works exactly how I want it to work. THANK YOU!!!

Back
Top Bottom