has the axe replaced everything or not?

I still use my droptune pedal and should buy a fuzz for my muse tribute because it doesn't do :(

Almost 10 years without anything but the AxFx. Started with a standard. Haven't looked back since! Never played any rig close to that long before, nor been this content with my tones!

A precision drive in the fx loop but just to reduce the cpu use taken by drive and noise gate block in certain presets where there is heavy modulation and effects involved.

Na6JSrs.jpg
This is obviously a staged shot. I mean, come on, why would you need a tuner with this rig?

My peterson tuner is still needed on my board. Well, the tuner in the axe is fine but I think transfered to the display in my mfc it's hard to use live. Too much all over the place, and it's a real shame. Maybe the midi is too slow or???

I still have my Subdecay Prometheus which has a lovely analog sound to it. The axefx isn't going to replicate that anytime soon. But I only use it in one song. So it's not something that I drag around.

And I do also have a Crybaby Wah, although I think in the last few years the Axefx has caught up and it's on par. Just never got around to selling it.

There is also my resonator which due to the way it works is not something you can implement in software.

It has for me. I haven't GAS'd for any amps/cabs (well, except for a full FR/FR setup, which in all honesty I don't really need) since getting my MkII in 2013.

This is obviously a staged shot. I mean, come on, why would you need a tuner with this rig?
...because there's no way you'd be able to discern the tuning, without some sort of visual validation, with all the buzzing going on....

Same with me, Yes. I just wish they'd been available back in the early '80s! The sonic spectrum we can now cover so easily, and without hurting our backs!

Back
Top Bottom