Has MIDI clock out been fixed yet?

:(

Is it planned to be added at some point?

This feels like a MAJOR miss. Especially when even cheap MIDI controllers and less expensive competitors like the HX Stomp provide this feature.

Pretty much all the effects rack units I own that have midi sync ability only can act as a slave. It’s not a very typical use where you’d want the rest of your rig to sync to an effects processor with it sending clock.

what would be the typical application for an effects processor to send clock ?

Pretty much all the effects rack units I own that have midi sync ability only can act as a slave. It’s not a very typical use where you’d want the rest of your rig to sync to an effects processor with it sending clock.

what would be the typical application for an effects processor to send clock ?

Set BPM per preset in my FM3 so when I change presets it sends the BPM to sync the tempo of all of my time-based pedals. So all of my pedals on my board are sync'd to the same tempo I set in the FM3.

I can use an outboard MIDI clock to do that, it's just too bad something so basic isn't provided by the FM3 so I don't need the extra piece of equipment.

When I had my HX Stomp on my pedalboard this was how I used it. I was hoping/expecting the FM3 would be able to handle the same function.

The manual states that it isn't supported so I wouldn't set your hopes on it.

Set BPM per preset in my FM3 so when I change presets it sends the BPM to sync the tempo of all of my time-based pedals. So all of my pedals on my board are sync'd to the same tempo I set in the FM3.

I can use an outboard MIDI clock to do that, it's just too bad something so basic isn't provided by the FM3 so I don't need the extra piece of equipment.

When I had my HX Stomp on my pedalboard this was how I used it. I was hoping/expecting the FM3 would be able to handle the same function.
+1 million.

That would be so great...

If we could link 2 FM3 and use the looper on both... in sync... me and the bass player would be happy...

very cool, makes good sense why that would be useful.
I’ve always had my effects synced to a drum machine or daw or midi clock generator, so it’s always made sense for them to just sync, as I couldn’t see having my delay line be the master for my synths lol, but your use case with syncing other external effects to each other makes perfect sense

+1 on the wish request for me for the fm3 and hopefully the III as well

Back
Top Bottom