Has Cliff posted any clips of the new Pentode-based modeling yet?

Care to make it interesting? ;)

For 1 dollar: Vibroverb with a Drive pedal.

Definitely Fendery vibe....I like it! Might be a Deluxe. I think I agree it sounds like there's a pedal in there...perhaps a tape drive adding some juice up front.

One of the things I love about the II is the Fenders! I never used them with the Ultra but one of my favorite medium/rhythm crunches is a Vibro Verb with a BBpre. The Deluxe with the same drive is also very nice....has a little more high end. And of the course the amps by themselves, either clean or with master pushed sound great as well.

I was very happy with the Ultra overall, but the II takes it to another level....over the top! Now, with the additional FW enhancements it's just amazing!

EDIT: Good call Yek! I should have read through the posts before weighing in!

Last edited:
Man, to heck with the poweramp tweaks, i want Scott's wah settings! That sounds incredible! I've tried the wah settings in the wiki and I just can't get it right.

More V3 samples. All recorded direct via USB. PRS Custom 22 with Duncan Jazz/JB pickups. NO REVERB. NO DELAY. NO EFFECTS. 100% bone dry. Amp/Cab ONLY. No processing, just as cut and ripped (sadly) to MP3.

All as I dialed it; your taste and preferences might be different... so dial yours your own way. :D

Have fun:

Trainwreck:

Cameron:

USAClean2

VoxAC30TB

Scott....these sound great!. Can you give some details on settings/cabs? Were there any drives in the patches?

Thanks!

Man, to heck with the poweramp tweaks, i want Scott's wah settings! That sounds incredible! I've tried the wah settings in the wiki and I just can't get it right.

Wah Settings:

Bandpass
Res: 5.00
Drive: 2.25
Level: 1.5db
Control: External 1, all settings stock except dampening at 12ms. I use a Mission Engineering EP-1R with the spring.
Min Frequency: 375Hz
Max Frequency: 1859Hz
Track: 5.00
Bypass: Thru

Scott....these sound great!. Can you give some details on settings/cabs? Were there any drives in the patches?

Thanks!

No drives. Amp block, cab block only.

Different cab models in each tone based on personal preference. However, here is a 'go-to' setup guide to the rest.

Using Fractal cabs *or* OwnHammer cabs at the moment only.
- Set the block to stereo mode
- No mic models (Set to "none")
- Unlink the stereo cabs within the block
- Choose two different cabs (ie. for the JCM800 I like the OH 4x12 SLM H75/OH 412 SLM M75).
- Room 50%; Room Size 2.00; Mic Spacing 20.0%; Low Cut 20Hz; High Cut 20kHz
- Level 0.00 (both); Pan both speakers dead center

Agreed that should be an added preset i'n 3.0
Scotts big bad wah
What do ya think

It's not anything. Look at the settings, not much there.

Scott, all sound good .... but really like the JCM800 clip ... THAT is the sound I hunt for.

All clips sound great guys, exciting to hear.

Scott, all sound good .... but really like the JCM800 clip ... THAT is the sound I hunt for.

All clips sound great guys, exciting to hear.

Scott has always been the true "JCM 800 master"!

Here are a couple clips with the new firmware.

The first one is a heavy one that hopefully shows the awesome "girth" of the Recto Orange Modern and FAS Modern amps.

The second is just messing around with the new Princeton model and hopefully demonstrating how the new power amp modeling has just the right amount of "tightness" and "squishyness" depending upon how you play.

Nice

More V3 samples. All recorded direct via USB. PRS Custom 22 with Duncan Jazz/JB pickups. NO REVERB. NO DELAY. NO EFFECTS. 100% bone dry. Amp/Cab ONLY. No processing, just as cut and ripped (sadly) to MP3.

All as I dialed it; your taste and preferences might be different... so dial yours your own way. :D

Have fun:

Trainwreck:

Cameron:

USAClean2

VoxAC30TB

Carmeron clip at thebeginning was sweet.

Wah Settings:

Bandpass
Res: 5.00
Drive: 2.25
Level: 1.5db
Control: External 1, all settings stock except dampening at 12ms. I use a Mission Engineering EP-1R with the spring.
Min Frequency: 375Hz
Max Frequency: 1859Hz
Track: 5.00
Bypass: Thru

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY! I can't wait to try this when I get off work!

Here are a couple clips with the new firmware.

The first one is a heavy one that hopefully shows the awesome "girth" of the Recto Orange Modern and FAS Modern amps.

The second is just messing around with the new Princeton model and hopefully demonstrating how the new power amp modeling has just the right amount of "tightness" and "squishyness" depending upon how you play.

Adam, that Recto sounds BAD ASS. And the tune itself sounds killer too! Can you give us some details on what you used for bass and drums?

Whoa! Do I ever like that Princeton clip! What's it like clean?

Thanks Adam.

Terry.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Here are the presets I used for the heavy tune. The first is the recto sound and that is the left rhythm track. For the right rhythm track I basically just used the same preset but changed the amp to a FAS Modern. Obviously, this is with 3.0 so your results may vary until Cliff releases the new firmware public.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38946/Adam's Recto.syx

The bass preset is a simple 65 Bassman into bass cabs with some comp. My bass sucks but this does the job for demos.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38946/Bass in yo face.syx

Here's a cleaner clip of the Princeton. I would call it jazzy but that would be an insult to real jazz players. This one is cleaner using my PRS SC245 instead of the G&L so you can hear it with humbucker sounds.

I'm hearing some weird transcoding artifacts on the Soundcloud upload of that clip so here is an artifact free version for anybody that wants to download that directly: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38946/princeton jazzy clean.mp3

Here's a cleaner clip of the Princeton. I would call it jazzy but that would be an insult to real jazz players. This one is cleaner using my PRS SC245 instead of the G&L so you can hear it with humbucker sounds.

Thanks Adam. That's a great clean clip.

Terry.

Thanks all for the kind words.

Here are the presets I used for the heavy tune. The first is the recto sound and that is the left rhythm track. For the right rhythm track I basically just used the same preset but changed the amp to a FAS Modern. Obviously, this is with 3.0 so your results may vary until Cliff releases the new firmware public.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38946/Adam's Recto.syx

The bass preset is a simple 65 Bassman into bass cabs with some comp. My bass sucks but this does the job for demos.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38946/Bass in yo face.syx

I'm hearing some weird transcoding artifacts on the Soundcloud upload of that clip so here is an artifact free version for anybody that wants to download that directly: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/38946/princeton jazzy clean.mp3

Love that clean Princeton clip!

Back
Top Bottom