Has anyone used Mission Gemini 2 with FM3

That's what I've been doing but Austin Buddy's deal I purchased said it likes the levels up to get full effect. I just want to control Gemini volume kind of like a Master Volume without getting in behind it.

Not sure why this is the case, but I have found with the Gemini II I use the volume on the FM3 or Axe-Fx III at around noon, and not full up or at 3:00.
It seems like at 3:00 on my Axe-Fx III (or max on FM3) that, unlike with my CLRs who love those settings, this hits the Gemini II too hard (impedance?) and can cause issues. The Gemini II does not have input control unlike the CLRs - it's pre-determined/pre-set.

So I've found it is better to use the Fractal output knobs (I use Output 2) at about Noon or so with the Gemini -- and then crank up the Gemini II's volume to the loudness you want.

For a focused guitar sound on stage, I also find it helps to use/adjust the Global Output EQ (I use Output 2 for this) on the Fractal FM3 or Axe-Fx III. Try this and see what you think:

Try to shave off everything under 31Hz (all down/-12db) and a good bit (at least -4db to -6db) at 63Hz....unless you are playing a lot of metal/Drop D maybe....Maybe shave 1-db to 3db to taste at 125Hz.

Now, just add the smallest increment - like 0.10db - at 500Hz for a slight mids lift.

Then maybe if it's too bright cut everything at 16kHz (-12db) and if you use single coils, shave just a little (easy does it) at 8kHz.

Remember, most real life guitar speakers do not put out really much over 6.5kHz frequency-wise.

I think the Gemini II is a great piece of gear - it really sounds like a real amp pushing lots of air with the Fractal if you dial it in right!

Hope that helps!

(ADDED)... Although I just looked at my global EQ for use with LiveGold and I didn't have to do as extreme on it because I did a lot of the EQ'ing in the presets (hi and lo cut).

The main point being, use the Global EQ Outputs tool to "tailor" to different FRFs you may use....to "tune them" to what you want to hear. And very little movements of ,+/- 1db between 200Hz and 4kHz can go a long way to smoothing it out for you.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 10.13.49 PM.png

Last edited:
Not sure why this is the case, but I have found with the Gemini II I use the volume on the FM3 or Axe-Fx III at around noon, and not full up or at 3:00.
It seems like at 3:00 on my Axe-Fx III (or max on FM3) that, unlike with my CLRs who love those settings, this hits the Gemini II too hard (impedance?) and can cause issues. The Gemini II does not have input control unlike the CLRs - it's pre-determined/pre-set.

So I've found it is better to use the Fractal output knobs (I use Output 2) at about Noon or so with the Gemini -- and then crank up the Gemini II's volume to the loudness you want.

For a focused guitar sound on stage, I also find it helps to use/adjust the Global Output EQ (I use Output 2 for this) on the Fractal FM3 or Axe-Fx III. Try this and see what you think:

Try to shave off everything under 31Hz (all down/-12db) and a good bit (at least -4db to -6db) at 63Hz....unless you are playing a lot of metal/Drop D maybe....Maybe shave 1-db to 3db to taste at 125Hz.

Now, just add the smallest increment - like 0.10db - at 500Hz for a slight mids lift.

Then maybe if it's too bright cut everything at 16kHz (-12db) and if you use single coils, shave just a little (easy does it) at 8kHz.

Remember, most real life guitar speakers do not put out really much over 6.5kHz frequency-wise.

I think the Gemini II is a great piece of gear - it really sounds like a real amp pushing lots of air with the Fractal if you dial it in right!

Hope that helps!

(ADDED)... Although I just looked at my global EQ for use with LiveGold and I didn't have to do as extreme on it because I did a lot of the EQ'ing in the presets (hi and lo cut).

The main point being, use the Global EQ Outputs tool to "tailor" to different FRFs you may use....to "tune them" to what you want to hear. And very little movements of ,+/- 1db between 200Hz and 4kHz can go a long way to smoothing it out for you.

View attachment 75548
Nice information! I appreciate it.

I had an old TS100 that was tube and then I had the Mach 100 pedal that was 50w/50w stereo. Both worked well I just decided to unload a ton of effects, cabs, etc and go Fractal. Only Amps I have now are an actual 65 deluxe reverb and a Lab Series L7.
I have a lot of gear to unload as well. I have 2 Carvin TS100 amps. One of them is brand new in the box. I have the TC Electronic G-System with a Marshall JMP1 preamp. Really nice setup, but no match for the FM3. 🎸

I have a lot of gear to unload as well. I have 2 Carvin TS100 amps. One of them is brand new in the box. I have the TC Electronic G-System with a Marshall JMP1 preamp. Really nice setup, but no match for the FM3. 🎸
The Marshall JMP I'd hang on to if I was you. I love my FM3 (even though I had to send it back because it quit talking to my computer) and it has simplified my life. Since September I've kept busy on Reverb! I'm a selling machine...the wife is like "where did you get all this stuff?"

The Marshall JMP I'd hang on to if I was you. I love my FM3 (even though I had to send it back because it quit talking to my computer) and it has simplified my life. Since September I've kept busy on Reverb! I'm a selling machine...the wife is like "where did you get all this stuff?"
The JMP was modified by Voodoo Labs also. Really a nice preamp. You’re right, I probably should keep it. I also have a Mesa Boogie Triaxis. I bought it new a long time ago, and it’s like new. Mesa stopped making the Triaxis a few years ago, so it’s maintained it’s value. I have a lot equipment to sell. 🎸🎹🎤✈️

Back
Top Bottom