Has anyone tried this: wireless earbuds for phones as IEMs?

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
Wasn't a fan of the AirPods (wireless earbuds), because these things tend to fall out of my ear far too quickly.
The new Powerbeats Pro may be a far better choice for me. But: expensive.

I'm curious: has anyone tried to use wireless earbuds for IEM?
By sending audio into the iPhone using an interface, and then listening through wireless earbuds.
No sender/receiver required.

Would the latency be too high?

Yek, if you’ll be connecting via Bluetooth then yes I think the latency will be too high. If anyone has a solution to this I’d be interested as well.

.....and IMO the new Powerbeats Pro are overrated as far as audio quality goes, and that goes against the grain of most reviews....

Wasn't a fan of the AirPods (wireless earbuds), because these things tend to fall out of my ear far too quickly.
The new Powerbeats Pro may be a far better choice for me. But: expensive.

I'm curious: has anyone tried to use wireless earbuds for IEM?
By sending audio into the iPhone using an interface, and then listening through wireless earbuds.
No sender/receiver required.

Would the latency be too high?

I quickly scanned the Powerbeats Pro website. No mention of isolation...so that will be a deal breaker for using them with a loud band, IMO.

All the bluetooth connected devices I've tried has far too high a latency for playing guitar with messes big time with my head lol

You’ll likely have too much latency and if you sing (jaw movement) they may not stay in to well, not to mention they don’t really block out external sound that well, thus you need more volume and this can pose more risk of noise induced hearing loss.

Custom molds are a better way to go, though more expensive, but they will work better, sound better, feel better etc, so overall more bang for the buck and satisfaction as you’ll actually use them

The thing I love about my iem's is the isolation (custom molded).
Not sure you'd get that on the phone focused wireless units.

Next version of the amp guide sells for $2? You'll able to get the real deal in no time.

There's a protocol for APT-X to have low latency and it's indeed called "APT-X low latency"

You should check it out

https://www.aptx.com/aptx-low-latency

Also both the sender and the receiver should support that.

Edit: here's the section of transmitters and receivers you should try some of these

https://www.aptx.com/products?field_product_category_tid=128

Something like this should work (not sure how)

http://signatureacoustics.com/phoenix/

Fun fact: all the new digital transmitters from Boss and Line6 are using apt-x low latency, so if's good to play with, it should be good also to listen.

40 ms latency.

Put a 40 me delay on 100% mix and play with it. If you can handle it, then it could work for you.

40 ms is too high for me. Additionally, virtually ANY latency is murder on voice. You hear yourself from inside the skull then some time later yourself through the ear canal. Not fun at all.

Back
Top Bottom