Has anyone 'scuffed' or 'marked' their AX8?

Deltafit

Inspired
Just wondering if anyone has and if so, how do you feel about it? I have a couple of minor scuffs which can only be expected as I gig with my AX8 and it always pisses me off when I see one. Just the kind of guy I am :eek:

I'm talking scratches, dents, marks, scuffs, scrapes....

Kinda like a new car or new guitar. You want to keep it as far from potential harm as possible... then it happens... and you don't care about parking right next to that big dirty pickup any more.

It's on the floor in my studio. The dogs walk over it sometimes. No scratches yet. But look at any of my guitars. They're all full of scratches and dents. That's just the kind of guitar player I am. I play them. I don't collect them. None of my Fractal stuff has gotten trashed. The Axe Fx II XL+ stays in the rack.

My 1+ yr old AX8 has a few smudges and seems to attract dust very easily, but thankfully no scratches, dings or dents yet.

I only transport it via a padded hard case and I don't currently do bar gigs, so that might be why.

I've scratched up the sides of mine. Happened when I was cramming it in to the bag I keep it in along side an EV-1. I now keep a piece of cardboard between them. No big deal, right? Still sounds like heaven.

Oh, and my 1-year-old daughter coloured all the labels below the switches green at one point. But that mostly wiped off! :D

Last edited:
Gads, of course there's no scuffs: It regally sits on a tassled velvet cushion and I only wear doe-skin moccasins to switch with. ;)

I only wear doe-skin moccasins to switch with..... This might be the funniest thing I've read on the forum to date. Lol. Great one.

Mine still has the price tag still attached and is in mint condition. I keep it this way by not allowing it to be played, touched, pointed at, looked at, or talked about. ;);) Hey!!! I said don't even look at it!!! :p:p:smile::smile:

Not yet but I'm sure it's coming. Been gigging with it just over a year now and have been lucky thus far. Definitely gets dirty but once wiped down after a gig looks good as new.

Back
Top Bottom