Has anyone modified their MFC-101?

GotMetalBoy

Power User
The reason I bought my MFC-101 was bc it's plug and play w/ my Axe-Fx II but I thought it was going to be larger and not so cramped. I keep accidently stepping on 2 presets at once and other switches w/ my heel when trying to enable/disable the tuner or other switches on the top row. As a work around, I've been using 4 external switches to enable/disable things but I feel like that's a huge waste not using the switches built into the MFC-101.

Has anyone taken the guts out of their MFC-101 and made a custom case? It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to desolder all the switches and leds or just make my own PCB's and buy new switches and leds and put all the guts in a wider and taller custom case.

Or sell your MFC and pick up a Liquid Foot Pro... Thats why I actually went with the LFP. I thought the buttons on the MFC looked to be too close together. Now I wonder though...I find myself actually wanting the smaller dimensions of the MFC.

Try mounting your MFC tilted up at an angle. Taller feet in back, a strip of wood under the back edge, an angled pedalboard... Something like that should fix the heal problem.

+1 on lfpro, and angle... maybe a trailer trash board that is at an angle. the old lfpro is at a pretty good angle already, not sure about the new one.

debating what foot controller to get. An awesome looper is top priority for me. Do any of these foot boards have soft click switches? How hard would it be to mod any of the popular ones to have soft click switches?

debating what foot controller to get. An awesome looper is top priority for me. Do any of these foot boards have soft click switches? How hard would it be to mod any of the popular ones to have soft click switches?

You could use the MFC's XS switches for some looper functionality with soft-touch switches.
I don't bother- I just use Looper mode- it is fine.

Back
Top Bottom