Has anyone made a create your own travel case for the axe II?

I have seen some of the travel cases available for the axe II which can run $130.00 and up so I wanted to see if anyone has made a create your own travel case for the axe and maybe one that could fit in a floor pedal as well. thanks for any info.

Check on the forum, personnally I never found anything homespun that would be more functional and cheaper as any of the commerciallly available solutions.

I think it could be done, but the cost for wood, covering, corner bumpers etc would probably end up costing near retail levels. Not to mention it would likely be heavier too

If your skilled in making custom road cases and have the right tools etc it would be one thing but from a totslly diy standpoint seems tough to really beat the existing products on the market

I like the molded cases myself, durable yet light weight and reasonable cost. Lots of options for number of rack spaces, depth etc

Check local Craigslist for a second hand gator case or skb. After hardware costs, I agree you’d be up to the cost of a commercial case.

I agree with the above comments - there is more cost involved in sourcing the various parts than you might imagine. I considered it (but only briefly) and still went with a 4u rack case purchased on the internet.

Different story if you are looking at doing a custom build for the MFC, and I went down this route but only because I had the basic materials, the tools, and also the ability from many years in the building trade.

Yes, I've made such a case for my AXE FX Ultra already: The front is also the housing for a modified ART X-15 footcontroller and an additional footswitch (scene up), four butterflies keep it in place during transport. The connection between floorboard and rack is either with Bang & Olufsen MasterLink cable (I work for this company) for rehearsal, at home and backup or a 7-pin XLR for stage use. The back side has some connectors in a 19" rack cover, the back of the AXE FX II has free access. All that is made of lightweight plywood and covered with dark grey felt. If you like I could post some pictures, but the rack is in our rehearsal room at the moment and I'm going there not earlier than next Friday - so no 10.01 installation until then... :-(

I use a Gator case. Works great. Just toss the strap over the shoulder, and go. I have had it for years, so sorry but I don't remember the cost. It was pretty cheap as I recall.

I'm a big DIY guy, but building a rack case (unless it needs to be something really unique) is not worth the time/effort/cost.
You can get rack cases on Craigslist for such short money, I wouldn't even waste the gas going to Home Depot.
I've purchased many 2 space rack cases on Craigslist for $20-$30.

I'm very happy with the budget version of an old-school-style 4-space SKB case I got on the 'bay from the seller SpeakersForMusic (I can't post a link yet). I've got my Axe II, Matrix GT800 and wireless unit all neat and tidy, plus there is a zippered net pouch on the back cover for storing my wireless antennas and other stuff. It's light-weight and affordable. Of course, with a $2000 piece of equipment, why skimp on the carry-case?

Back
Top Bottom