Has anyone here tried a Barefoot Pale Green compw?

stm113

Power User
One of the guys I play with at church has one. He plays a Gibson 135 into a Vox AC 30, one thing that really got me about his tone is this percussive hit at the beginning of his notes. He has a pretty substantial pedal board and on it is a Barefoot Pale Green comp, twice we played together he didn't have that percussive hit on the notes, then the next time it was back and so was the Pale Green. Now I'm no scientist but I did grow up with Bill Nye and Mr. Wizard so I feel confident in my assessment that the Pale Green is the culprit here.

So my question ultimately is does anyone here have any experience with this pedal and if so are there any suggestions on how to get that in the AF2?

Many (most?) of the compressors and the dynamics block in the AFX have an attack parameter that can be varied. Try increasing the attack time until you get what you're after. Attack is basically how long before the compressor starts to work on the signal. Release is how fast the compressor stops working on the signal after it loses input. Too long a release means that the compressor is still working when the next note hits, so you lose attack.

I had one of those pedals years back when they were first released. Very "transparent" as compressors go.. cool pedal. I would try the suggestion in the post above and maybe try it first with the studio compressor block. Maybe use the mix knob to blend in the compression with the dry tone a bit as well.

Back
Top Bottom