Has anyone had an issue like this?

Geosh

I was playing Sunday with my AX-8 and wanted to make a change to one of the reverb settings I had. So I went into edit mode and scrolled through to my reverb, and after making a change to the decay level, my whole tone had changed and the volume of the whole preset (with reverb on or off) was substantially reduced. I powered off and on again (wiping out my change) and everything was back to normal. I went back into edit, and was just looking at the settings and I noticed it had happened again, without changing anything this time... A reboot put it back to normal. This was a slightly older preset (created in a previous firmware version) so could that have anything to do with it?

I'm going to play with it some more this week and see if I can figure out exactly what is changing.

I have had this happen, it seems to be related to certain presets. I happened to be in AXE - Edit while playing and the CPU will drop to 2% when the volume drops and then I am forced to restart the unit

Is it possible you are exceeding CPU prior to this change? It will automatically bypass the block. Depending on how you have your Reverb block defined in the chain, you may hear a volume change.

Is it possible you are exceeding CPU prior to this change? It will automatically bypass the block. Depending on how you have your Reverb block defined in the chain, you may hear a volume change.

This. Adjusting parameters in the Reverb block tends to use some CPU in real time during adjustment. That’s important to note if you are running a preset CPU on the high side (>90%).

I was playing Sunday with my AX-8 and wanted to make a change to one of the reverb settings I had. So I went into edit mode and scrolled through to my reverb, and after making a change to the decay level, my whole tone had changed and the volume of the whole preset (with reverb on or off) was substantially reduced. I powered off and on again (wiping out my change) and everything was back to normal. I went back into edit, and was just looking at the settings and I noticed it had happened again, without changing anything this time... A reboot put it back to normal. This was a slightly older preset (created in a previous firmware version) so could that have anything to do with it?

I'm going to play with it some more this week and see if I can figure out exactly what is changing.

Had something similar happen this past weekend. I was in my Plexi preset and the volume of the preset suddenly dropped way down. I switched to another preset which worked fine. I then powered off and the Plexi preset worked after that. Not sure this caused it but it seemed to happen after I tried to hit the bottom right Footswitch to engage the tuner. I didn’t hold it long enough and a menu appeared. I think I double clicked it and that may have caused the issue.

I’ve been noticing some weird issues recently (since installing the latest firmware I think) where effects in the signal path turn on (and get stuck on) mysteriously and I have to switch presets to reset it. Maybe similar to what you’ve described above.

I’ve also had issues with the wah not auto disabling. I thought just re calibrating my pedal was fixing the but it doesn’t consistently fix.

I need to do some more diligent testing to see what is really going on and deyetmine whether it is a true issue or not. I just haven’t had time to spend on it yet. I’ve got a couple week break before next gig so will get on it soon.

Most issues can be helped much better if you upload the preset(s) you used when you had the issue. There are too many things to guess, and looking at the preset answers a lot of questions up front.

Also please be sure to start your own threads so we can focus on each one.

Had something similar happen this past weekend. I was in my Plexi preset and the volume of the preset suddenly dropped way down. I switched to another preset which worked fine. I then powered off and the Plexi preset worked after that. Not sure this caused it but it seemed to happen after I tried to hit the bottom right Footswitch to engage the tuner. I didn’t hold it long enough and a menu appeared. I think I double clicked it and that may have caused the issue.

Sounds like stuff from this thread (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...op-when-changing-presets-intermittent.131513/), but stable.

Posting the presets there may help solving the issue.

This. Adjusting parameters in the Reverb block tends to use some CPU in real time during adjustment. That’s important to note if you are running a preset CPU on the high side (>90%).

The preset was running about 80%.

I also noticed after the volume drop that the main output clipping led started lighting up. It also stopped after the reboot.

Haven’t had a chance to investigate more yet but hopefully I’ll play with it tonight and upload the offending preset here.

I had something kind of like this happen. I tapped the edit button to get to reverb and it totally changed my tone. What was happening was that I was hitting the edit button too fast which was causing the unit to switch the selected block to its Y settings (double clicking edit switches between x and y settings).

OP, I have seen issues like what you described with presets I have imported. I would suggest to open the preset in AX8 edit and take a look at the volume and input gain settings. Sounds like one of those changed around during the change.

FWIW I had some strange switching and sound cut offs happen with my AX8 about 6 months ago (some of which could have been a misplaced foot, not sure). I backed everything up and reinstalled the firmware and haven't noticed anything since.

I had something kind of like this happen. I tapped the edit button to get to reverb and it totally changed my tone. What was happening was that I was hitting the edit button too fast which was causing the unit to switch the selected block to its Y settings (double clicking edit switches between x and y settings).

Well... maybe it was me... I was hitting edit fairly quickly to scroll through to the effect screen I wanted instead of hitting the footswitch. I'm pretty sure I might have changed my amp (and maybe some other things also) to the Y mode. I didn't know that was how you could switch from X to Y.

I didn't get to troubleshooting last night, but I should have time before the weekend. This is 98% sure my issue though.

Hi All,
I am new to AX8 but this happened to me yesterday while switching patches , volume was really low then I just touched
the OUT 1 knob it went really loud. Tried to duplicate and could not.

That's similar to one of the issues I had mentioned above. I had a patch that switched in at much lower volume than normal, unfortunately, during a gig. I backed up the AX8 after and reinstalled everything. Hasn't happened again in the last six months.

Back
Top Bottom