Has anyone dropped the AXE FX unit yet?

:lol: I've read horror stories on the Boogie forums where someone mentioned a SUV accident when a Roadster flew right out the window but worked just fine when plugged in. So, what horror stories has this board got to offer? :p

I once had it on a music stand when the stand slowly toppled over... You know, like the Adrian Belew vid. It dropped about 1 1/2'. No harm. The Axe was in the rackbag.

Dutch said:
I once had it on a music stand when the stand slowly toppled over... You know, like the Adrian Belew vid. It dropped about 1 1/2'. No harm. The Axe was in the rackbag.
Almost the same here. The stand wasn't tightened right. :oops: So it collapsed an the unit dropped from about 70 cm flat on the floor. :eek: Thank god no connections where harmed. Was in a rackbag. Still works like a charm. :mrgreen:

Half asleep, around 4am after a gig... I was bringing my gear in from the truck in the rain. Went to unlock the door while holding my rack between the wall and my chest. At the time my latches were loose and would come loose all the time. One end fell off and the whole thing collapsed and fell about 1m on it's side. Extremely loud, but no harm done.... except for waking up my kids.

In a related story, about a week ago my wife was vacuuming in the studio and lifted my pedal board to straighten the rug. The corner of the board had been pushed under the side of one of my monitor stands. When she lifted it up it knocked the stand over. My Genelec went down on it's back and rolled into the wall. I watched it happen and about threw up when it hit the floor. Luckily it was repairable for fairly cheap. I'm picking it up tomorrow. It was an accident, but she still almost had to forego her new Avid for the time being to buy me a new monitor. Gear.... :roll: I believe I will be investing in some big sand bags.

I wheeled my cab out of a corner once, and the wheel caught an edge and sent the cab and rack toppling forwards. Everything was racked in a non-shock 6 space Road Ready rack, and there was no damage done. Hooray for well built things, and the protection that plywood rack cases provide.

I had the airlines damage my rack so I had the axe sitting on top of the amp for that gig and the sound guy came over and knocked it off the top of the amp.Fell about 4 feet.Bent the bottom left rack ear a little and where the power cord plugs in it is slightly dented.Fired right up and every night since then.That was January 2009. I do about 300 dates a year and it has not failed me once.Gotta love this thing.
T

Back when I first got mine, I didn't have the rack space to house it properly. So it sat on top of the rack with the rest of my recording gear. Can't remember just what I was doing, but I did knock it off the top once, which was maybe a 2.5 foot drop on to a hard floor. No damage done. :idk:

I bought a new rack pretty soon after that. :lol:

I'd just gotten my Ultra, had it up on a counter top plugged into mixer. In my excitement I jumped up and tripped over the guitar cable, jerked the Ultra down to the floor about 3'. It apparent landing on top right corner of the face plate, bent the corner a good 1/2" or more. Ultra still worked, and also survived my repair attempts beating it with a hammer etc.

twice!! :eek: First time face forward fell about 2', 1/4" guitar cable broke inside... was able to remove the cable casing, the tip was rattling inside.. partially removed the top cover to get the tip out. 2nd time at a gig, during breakdown my bass player was fiddling with power cables behind my rig, fell about 3' backwards, cut my midi cable in half!! The SKB case is a bit bent, but the Ultra works like a charm!!

Back
Top Bottom