Has anyone dropped the Axe-Fx 3?

Very cool I’ve been looking at something like that shock case. Right now I’m using a gator 10u deep and my Fc12 fits in it which is nice but it is heavy and I still us a hand truck to move it.
I really like the wheels an handle on the case.
Is that a wireless you have in that case?
View attachment 56044
Freds55 - do you think the FC-12 and cables would fit in the Gator 6U version if only the III were in the rack?

Freds55 - do you think the FC-12 and cables would fit in the Gator 6U version if only the III were in the rack?
Greetings smcrosby
Hey the 10u wide I have the Axe Fx iii & Art Ps 4x4 power conditioner in.
I keep a song note book and a EV 1 Pedal cables and my Fc12 in it.
So if you were going to use a power conditioner which I personally would recommend you would still have plenty of room for cables even if they were in the back a 6 u would work fine.
Mine is definitely a little big but it is what I had without buying something new at this time.
I think you would be just fine with a 6 u.:)

What’s better, the APC with surge protection and battery backup OR the Monster power conditioner ???? Please let me know as I just saw your post, but is it just a power strip or is there actually something going on with the power, because the read out on my strip keeps jumping up 120-124....if that means anything....?

Right now I have a Monster 2500 power conditioner, which is too big and its a glorified power strip. So I don't think I can keep that and fit the FC-12, EV2 and cables in the 6U. But I'll give it a try! ;)
Your axefxiii and Fc12 will fit fine make sure your using the 6u wide case:D

What’s better, the APC with surge protection and battery backup OR the Monster power conditioner ???? Please let me know as I just saw your post, but is it just a power strip or is there actually something going on with the power, because the read out on my strip keeps jumping up 120-124....if that means anything....?
I have never used the monster 2500
I have several art ps 4x4 and have never had any problems and I like the telescoping led lights on the front and the light in the back of the rack I love really helps to see the back of the racks.
I have attached these links so you can check them out.

http://artproaudio.com/product/ps4x4-pro-dual-led-metered-pds/

https://www.fullcompass.com/common/files/19824-MonsterCablePRO2500UserManual.pdf

I bought a new car back in January that has an automatic hatch (Rav 4) and I parked my car in my driveway (on an incline) after a gig and pressed the button to open the hatch and my gator rack with AxeFx3 fell out and hit the ground with a thud. Popped a rack screw out, but other than that everything was fine.

Has been working fine ever since. I wouldn't give it a second thought if it's working correctly.

It’s good that you care and respect your gear, but don’t worry. I’ve toured with my Fractal gear for years all over the US, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America in frigid cold and crazy heat and it just keeps on going. I’ve only had an issue one time where customs dropped my rack (which weighs about 85 pounds). The unit turned on but I didn’t have any sound. We popped it open and just had to re-seat the ribbon connector and everything worked perfectly. These things are built incredibly well to withstand a solid beating. All that to say, the first drop is the hardest, but be comforted in knowing that you’ve got nothing to worry about.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts pal. Appreciate.

I bought a new car back in January that has an automatic hatch (Rav 4) and I parked my car in my driveway (on an incline) after a gig and pressed the button to open the hatch and my gator rack with AxeFx3 fell out and hit the ground with a thud. Popped a rack screw out, but other than that everything was fine.

Has been working fine ever since. I wouldn't give it a second thought if it's working correctly.
Wow that must have been painful to witness. Mine wasnt event that bad, it just fell off my hand from upright rack position to forward all the way flat on the ground and i spent the whole night awake thinkin abt if i should open it up 😂 Anyway, thanks to well built gear I suppose!

I have never used the monster 2500
I have several art ps 4x4 and have never had any problems and I like the telescoping led lights on the front and the light in the back of the rack I love really helps to see the back of the racks.
I have attached these links so you can check them out.

http://artproaudio.com/product/ps4x4-pro-dual-led-metered-pds/

https://www.fullcompass.com/common/files/19824-MonsterCablePRO2500UserManual.pdf

Freds55 - Do you happen to know depth and weight of the PS 4x4? I'm looking all over the place and can't find it. Not listed on the ART spec sheet or owners manual either.

Freds55 - Do you happen to know depth and weight of the PS 4x4? I'm looking all over the place and can't find it. Not listed on the ART spec sheet or owners manual either.

Scratch that. Just found it on the BH Photo site. 8" deep, 5 pounds if anyone's interested.

I googled it and this is what I found.

Dimensions 19 x 8 x 1.75" (48.3 x 20.0 x 4.5 cm) WxDxH

I have the Monster 3500. So far so good with protection. Some folks say its glorified power strip. I don't know why. I have to confess I did little research before buying the Monster instead of, say, a Furman, etc..

Maybe folks who have had problems did not reading the manual and randomly plugging into outlets with filters that are mismatched to the devices they are powering?

Here is the 3500 manual - http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91PH9UHKpeL.pdf

Here is the smaller 2500 version - https://www.fullcompass.com/common/files/19824-MonsterCablePRO2500UserManual.pdf

I've got my axe fx 3 racked in a 8u skb rolling case. Along with a furman, line6 g90, matrix amp and a 1u rack draw. Its freakin heavy with all of that racked in and i managed to slip it off my hands while tryin to balance it on the wheel and my hip while i juggled with my shoulder bag. It just rolled off and fell flat on the ground from about 80cms high with all that weight. I powered it all up and it works absolutely fine with no problems or noise. My OCD mind still bothers me to know if anything has gotten loose inside the axe or if i need to open the top and give it a check. How sturdy / well built are these things anyway ? Has anyone come across any problems after such incidents ? Thanks guys n sorry im new to the axe fx world. Cheers.
My axe fx III survived a trans-atlantic flight packed with foam padding in a carry-on that I was forced to check in. No problems!

Back
Top Bottom