Has anyone done a Jeff Loomis tone match?

Engl Powerball is what he used. Also the Savage, but I saw he was using Engl rack stuff and he had an Axe-FX ...

try

who knows what time has done to these try em out, tweak as needed, sounded great with tone zone and emg's, sound horrible with my liquifire.

Which Loomis tone are you after?
his tone from CD to CD (for Nevermore) varies quite a bit
Before going solo his main rigs where Recto 's and 5150's and on POE I belive he used a Mark IV
now it's Engl
so which one are you after? (I like the EOR sound myself) :D

Up to "Dreaming Neon Black, he used Mark IV and Triaxis, "Dead Heart In A Dead World" is Dual Recto, "Enemies of Reality" is Triple Recto, "Godless Endeavor" is a mix of Dual Recto and Krank (I think it's Krankenstein) and "Obsidian Conspiracy" is 5150 (I can't remember though if it's the Peavey or the Fender model). His first solo albums is Engl (Powerball or SE) and the new one is 5150 III

Really helps if you attempt this TM using his signature schecter, unlike a lot of signature guitars that particular model does a spot on job of capturing a good blueprint of his tone. Next best step is sending his fingers to Cliff for analysis and possible inclusion into the next firmware.

Back
Top Bottom