Has anyone created a Univibe?

The phaser setting in the Robin Trower preset combined with a little bit of chorus is pretty close. Sorry I don't recall the name of the preset but it's based on the song bridge of sighs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If anyone has a really good univibe setting, could you upload the effects block to the fx8 exchange?

Thanks

Make sure the vibe switch it turned on. Lower the bias to get more throb. I haven't played for a while, but I found the amp model (gain settings) and IR make a difference. Of course, vibe goes before amp.

Is it possible at all to create a Univibe?

Seems like an effect that should be in the box already. I realize FAS can't do it all, but I really hope models of this (and other) effect(s) make its way into the arsenal, instead of having to approximate it as best we can. Some people have great skills and can replicate anything by twisting knobs. I'm not one of those people.

It is though. It's part of the phaser block, as it should be. There's a vibe setting there, it sounds good, and tweaking to liking isn't bad.

Yeah I thought that the default vibe settings for the phaser were quite good. In fact, as I own a number of decent vibe pedals, I was expecting the FX8 to not perform as well as it did. I ended up using whatever the default settings were and then tweaking the speed and depth knobs.
It sounds great especially fed into a higher gain amp which is where a lot of classic vibes get lost.

It is though. It's part of the phaser block, as it should be. There's a vibe setting there, it sounds good, and tweaking to liking isn't bad.

Right, I get that. There is a vibe setting there, but is it a detailed model of an actual Univibe or not? That's what I'm getting at. By the same token, there are analog delay settings that are more or less good approximations of an analog delay sound. But why not have an actual model of a DMM? Could we get an actual model of an EP-3? etc. etc.

That's where I hope things are heading--at some point down the road.

The Axe Fx, where all development begins, have accurate models of specific amps and drives but nothing else. Every other block are generic models and you need to "use your ears" to get the result you want. I think it wouldn't really be that hard to use the existing phaser/vibe for instance and create a univibe "model" which just has default values of the generic block that matches a univibe.

Got it. With just small amount of tweaking, I can get close to the Effectrode Tube Vibe, which is supposed to be very similar to a Univibe.

It really is left up to us to learn how to program the blocks to what we want to accomplish. There are pros and cons to that. The Strymon way of doing things requires less tweaking sometimes. Both are top notch digital effects. With recent updates, I've found the Axe FX effects blocks have improved so much.

Right, I get that. There is a vibe setting there, but is it a detailed model of an actual Univibe or not? That's what I'm getting at. By the same token, there are analog delay settings that are more or less good approximations of an analog delay sound. But why not have an actual model of a DMM? Could we get an actual model of an EP-3? etc. etc.

That's where I hope things are heading--at some point down the road.

The Axe Fx, where all development begins, have accurate models of specific amps and drives but nothing else. Every other block are generic models and you need to "use your ears" to get the result you want. I think it wouldn't really be that hard to use the existing phaser/vibe for instance and create a univibe "model" which just has default values of the generic block that matches a univibe.

Except it *is* that hard if you want an exact model of any of the effects I mentioned. A Univibe has photocells in it to make its signature effect, right? Line 6 went ahead and modeled them to recreate the precise sound of the Univibe down to the tiniest detail.

You're right that the amp models already do this, which is *precisely* why I said that it'd be great to see the effects get the same treatment. And the DMM, EP-3, Binson Echo Rec, and all kinds of other effects have signature sounds that--at least for me--aren't easily replicated simply by tweaking a little bit here or there. Besides, I'd rather make music than tweak all day.

I can't match the filter for the song "Mysterious Ways" to save my life, to take another example. It'd be great to have that effect modeled from the A3 exactly.

I realize the list of requests is endless, so this isn't a gripe. I just hope the effects models continue to expand, bit by bit. I certainly don't need anymore amp models in my Axe. But I won't complain if/when they come.

Except it *is* that hard if you want an exact model of any of the effects I mentioned. A Univibe has photocells in it to make its signature effect, right? Line 6 went ahead and modeled them to recreate the precise sound of the Univibe down to the tiniest detail.

You're right that the amp models already do this, which is *precisely* why I said that it'd be great to see the effects get the same treatment. And the DMM, EP-3, Binson Echo Rec, and all kinds of other effects have signature sounds that--at least for me--aren't easily replicated simply by tweaking a little bit here or there. Besides, I'd rather make music than tweak all day.

I can't match the filter for the song "Mysterious Ways" to save my life, to take another example. It'd be great to have that effect modeled from the A3 exactly.

I realize the list of requests is endless, so this isn't a gripe. I just hope the effects models continue to expand, bit by bit. I certainly don't need anymore amp models in my Axe. But I won't complain if/when they come.

I'm with you all day long. How many requests aren't there for VH MXR Flanger and Phasers. Doesn't sound to hard to create specific "models" for these within the generic models available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm like you. I would like to see a dedicated univibe model in the AxeII/FX8/AX8 family. The Vibe mode in the Phaser block isn't bad, but it is missing something. There's a certain "randomness" to a univibe that the phaser block does not do a great job of capturing. It seems too predictable and to refined.

Hopefully FAS will have some time to dedicate to an improved Univibe in the future. In the mean time, try lowering the Bulb Bias parameter to get a bit more "throb" than the default settings.

Back
Top Bottom