Has anyone attempted to tone match from an .MP3 or .WAV song?

I'm pretty sure Cooper has a video of this on the Axe FX 2! I believe as long as you have a part of the audio where the tone you're trying to match is by itself, you should be fine. In other words, Axe FX won't match a guitar that is in a mix with other instruments. But again, I've never tried! I'll try to find Cooper's vid, or maybe one someone else has it.

I gave this a shot last night, but for some reason when I would import the song into cubase, it sped up and took away from the quality of the tone.

Do you convert the song to 48 kHz ?
No plug on the master bus ?
If it just speed up when played in Cubase, there is probably an option to deactivate in Cubase.

Maybe the speed up, like OldSnali wrote, happen becouse of the file mp3 is in 48 and the default project in cubase is 44.1 or viceversa.

I couldn't see the AXE FX II screen - it was covered up by plastic!

I can't express how much I hate plastic on the screen. What do people expect to happen when they remove it? This plastic does not protect against damage. And scratches? Come on, this isn't a phone that's on the table or in your pocket. And even if, a scratch is never as ugly as this plastic. If visible at all.

That had to be said. Now I feel better :)

Back
Top Bottom