Has any body had this ?

Hi everyone,

I've had this little situation for nearly a year now. It's not a biggie but I eventually thought I should get rid of it by asking for solution.
Here it is:

Whenever I turn on the unit, this message gets displayed first, and I don't get any sounds out of it unless I do as it says (press the exit button).

The message:

***WARNING***
FACTORY PRESETS NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY PRESS EXIT TO CONTINUE

Like I said once you press the exit button, everything works fine. It's just that After turning the unit on, you also have to press exit button as well every time.
I guess it goes back to when I was trying to download presets and maybe something I did wrong. I don't know.
But I have updated the firmware ever since and have downloaded presets quite a few times. I've also done things like resetting system parameters.
It's still there.
Any body has come across this? Any suggestions for solving this.

Much appreciated in advance. :encouragement:

I have not had any problem like that. Sorry I can't help you mate. I suggest a note to FAS tech support. They may have some useful suggestion.

Yes.
I did think of contacting them but I thought of trying it this way first but like you say, eventually I might just do that.
thanks anyways

I think I remember several folks having issues like this during the 6,7,8 firmwares with presets being corrupted by ax edit! I know it's a lot of trouble,but doing a reset, or better yet install the "clean system file" re install firmware and factory banks ,then see if it still does it ( Don't do it with ax edit though ,use fractal bot , Will need to write down your settings for your personal presets and start over ! If it's corrupted presets reloading your patches will probably do the same thing again! Pretty sure this was the solution!

barhrecords
I've been using Bot lately for firmware and presets released. It's still there, however, is "factory banks" you're mentioning something other than the latest presets released? Right now I'm on the latest firmware and presets.

RDH
Do you mean resetting system params (in the utility sevtion) when you say system reset? If that's what you mean, I've done that too. I've also used "FW 10 SYSTEM-CLEAN.syx" via Bot. I guess that's what you mean by "clean system file".

Thanks

Last edited:
You could try the system clean .sysx file too. That one clears out the user cabs and (maybe?) does some other global reset.

Have you done a global reset too? From the front panel?

no, that won't work. He needs to contact support. Instructions will be provided on how to fix.

I had a similar issue a while back. I have instructions from support, but they should be the one to address this for you.

I had that issue. Contact support, they were very helpful. Unfortunately I don't remember what they said to do.

Rumor has it there's an option in the hidden factory menu to enable "HD" audio and make the Axe FX II sound like a Line 6 Pod!

I accidentally found said hidden menu yesterday. Ok I admit i had to test the lights and try the test tone. LOL

Back
Top Bottom