Harsh sound using the Line 6 wireless with Axe-FX

wembley

Inspired
Anyone experiencing this? I bought the L6 Relay G30, but it really doesn't sound nice. It is certainly usable, but it adds harshness to the sound. Using it through any of my tube amps doesn't yield the same (negative) results - with my Marshalls the G30 is a great unit.

I've experimented with cable length emulation, input levels etc., but using a regular cable sounds notably better, smoother. Anybody with the same experience?

I also use the Line 6 G30 with my Ultra and I have no such problems. Mine sounds better then any cable I've ever used. I have no idea what the problem with yours might be.

I also use the Line 6 G30 with my Ultra and I have no such problems. Mine sounds better then any cable I've ever used. I have no idea what the problem with yours might be.

Ok... you use your axe/g30 from clean to gain? This is especially audible in high gain applications.

When I first tried G90 with Axe connected through spdif to my audio interface I thought that G90 sucks big time. Luckily it didn't take long to figure out that I had my audio interface clock source set to internal 48kHz instead of Axe as master, doh. After fixing the clock source G90 didn't suck at all :)

i have a G30 and an Ultra and it works great. Which input are you using on the Axe front or back ?

Front input. Again, especially audible on higher gain sounds. Also, I didn't notice anything at low volume (i.e. at home) but at stage volumes, the harshness shines through.

I use a G50 and have no issues.....I agree....first wireless that sounds as good or better than cable....built like a tank too!

I use G30 - no harshness here on hi-gain.

Check your batteries - make sure you have 2 rows of green lights on the G30 receiver + blue light on the transmitter. What kind of cable are you comparing to?

Relay = Great product (even thought the battery door on mine busted an is now held on by a velcro band - other than that, it's well built (I've had the transmitter fly off and land on hard floors a few times and it's still going).

Back
Top Bottom