Harmoniser disharmony

minseito

Hi all, a request for help please : does anyone know where there is either a decent video tutorial or detailed instructions on using the intelligent / fixed harmoniser and custom shifts / global scales? I'm using guitars tuned to Eb and it's driving me mad, mad, mad! Cheers.

I can't believe the last entry on that thread!! Is this guy actually saying that he uses a cc to change the voice of the harmony actually while playing the line??? I think that someone clever should make [pleeeeeeeze] a tutorial on how to use the harmoniser, and also how to do so if you are playing a step down. The manual is just woefully insufficient in this respect for such a complex and complicated set of parameters. I'd tear my hair out at it if I had any left.

i wouldn't pay any attention to that guy in the thread, he's a plonker. being tuned down a half step really only makes a difference if you're using the intelligent harmoniser...and then all you have to do is to tell it what key you're in (actually sounding in...not which one you're playing in, which will be half a step higher). i know it can be confusing, but do persevere...once it clicks, it's a cinch. you do need to have some basic theory knowledge though...

Cheers Simeon, yeah I have theory knowledge so will try to get some time to sort it out. It's the intelligent harmoniser and custom shift feature I am interested in really. The harmonies for the Highway Star solo, for instance, are all over the place

custom shift is actually a bit easier. you just tell it how many semitones up or down you want the harmony to be for each note listed. top tip - for notes that are not in the scale you're using, don't leave the shift value at zero - set it close to the adjacent values, so any passing tones get sensible harmonies and wide vibrato doesn't cause harmonies to jump about.

Back
Top Bottom