Harmonic tremolo

Tone Control

Inspired
Power-tube Bias tremolo (sorry, I wrongly said Harmonic trem initially)

Just bought a 1962 Tremolux.
I never liked tremolo much before, but this sounds amazing.
Tremo is done on bias to power tubes

Is there anyway to approximate this on the AFX2?

Last edited:
It's been done and seemingly just as yummy, but it won't be released cause it's too much hassle apparently.
It would only suit a few amps, so ppl would whine about most other amps or work would have to be put in place to only make it possible on certain amps (= stupid loss of firmware memory, depending...).

With Cliff making more and more vintage classics, maybe someday... [not sure how much that is related]

I was able to simulate this using the white paper on it from strymon. I will try and find the post.

It's been done and seemingly just as yummy, but it won't be released cause it's too much hassle apparently.
It would only suit a few amps, so ppl would whine about most other amps or work would have to be put in place to only make it possible on certain amps (= stupid loss of firmware memory, depending...).

With Cliff making more and more vintage classics, maybe someday... [not sure how much that is related]

That was poweramp bias trem, not harmonic trem. Different approaches.

Thx and sorry..., but since he said "Tremo is done on bias to power tubes", it fooled me... ;)

I'm not sure how the tremolux was done, from what I understand if it was bias trem then it not harmonic trem.

Strymon has a white paper on it w/ the Flint.

I'm not sure how the tremolux was done, from what I understand if it was bias trem then it not harmonic trem.

Strymon has a white paper on it w/ the Flint.

sorry for the confusion, the trem on mine is done with the bias, I think one article I read on the web said this was harmonic trem

sounds nice, but not like the bias-tremolo effect on my one
Thats because it is a harmonic trem like you put in your subject. Bias trem is something else.

As has been stated Cliff was thinking of adding this then changed his mind because of the potential for a large number of support tickets and complaints that it only worked in a few models.
Here is the white paper I was talking about:
http://www.strymon.net/2012/04/12/amplifier-tremolo-technology-white-paper/

Last edited:
man, I wish he would just add to amps that have it and let it be...i really would love to have this style of trem!!!!

I cracked and bought a Strymon Flint to use with my real amps.
What a treat, does harmonic too, but I prefer tube-bias
If Strymon can do it with a DSP, I bet Cliff will do it someday, but I assume it's not going to be a major priority compared to Tone Matching and amp refinement

Yesterday I tried it with the 62 Tremolux, so as to have real and sim bias tremolo at the same time. That's very nice.
I usually can't stand chorus (seems to kill my main tone), so this is a nice way to add some modulation that I find attractive

Back
Top Bottom