Harley Benton PM100, anyone tried ?

I’m also interested in opinions on the MP-100. Price is in the Behringer FC1010 range. I have a ME expression which I’d like to use instead of the Behringer’s, so the HB controller seems like it would do the job. Plus, it had two exp inputs AND Axe-software..., though it doesn’t say wether it’s programmed for the II or the III...

Did they ever reply?
HA, effectively; no they didn't.

The user comments on their site that got the engine since are quite helpful though. My understanding is that this thing can do 8 PC commands and 8 scene or CC commands over 2 banks, manage one or 2 EXP pedals and that's about it.

Not really much though but as a backup for a blues-band in which I only use 4-5 patches it will largely do the job. As my Gordius LG2 let me down (screen replacement ongoing, happily they still got the part and are good on after sales) yesterday in plain rehearsal, I know I'll prefer to get me this as a backup unit. The only thing I don't like is why FGS they made this thing with a 5V USB power supply.. why not have imagined a 5-12Vdc supply that could accept both types of powering. I'll have to create a specific cable that will need to be carried around also.

The FCB1010 would be a lot more functionnal solution (20 banks of 5 presets/5 scene or CC controls in my case...) but it's way to big for me to carry around as a backup and I can't stand these tiny expression pedals it has, although I have to admit they worked great. This and the size were the main reasons for me to sell it 2 years ago.

HA, effectively; no they didn't.

The user comments on their site that got the engine since are quite helpful though. My understanding is that this thing can do 8 PC commands and 8 scene or CC commands over 2 banks, manage one or 2 EXP pedals and that's about it.

Not really much though but as a backup for a blues-band in which I only use 4-5 patches it will largely do the job. As my Gordius LG2 let me down (screen replacement ongoing, happily they still got the part and are good on after sales) yesterday in plain rehearsal, I know I'll prefer to get me this as a backup unit. The only thing I don't like is why FGS they made this thing with a 5V USB power supply.. why not have imagined a 5-12Vdc supply that could accept both types of powering. I'll have to create a specific cable that will need to be carried around also.

The FCB1010 would be a lot more functionnal solution (20 banks of 5 presets/5 scene or CC controls in my case...) but it's way to big for me to carry around as a backup and I can't stand these tiny expression pedals it has, although I have to admit they worked great. This and the size were the main reasons for me to sell it 2 years ago.
I've read a bit about it (it is identical to the meloaudio midi commander) after I asked you in this thread.
It seems it's not possible to control scenes, cc footswitches can act just as on/off switches and can send just 0 or 127 as value.
Bummer

Well according to the manual you can set toggle or CC mode and the CC number can be specified from 1..127. https://images.static-thomann.de/pics/atg/atgdata/document/manual/c_432459_v2_en_online.pdf. The best way to know would be to get one and try; if not with Thomann they'll take it back within one month.
That's the culprit, CC "number" not value.
To control scene on the axe we need 8 footswitch with the same cc number but different values (0-7 for example).

Scenes could be controlled thru PCs too using the "map to PC" feature in the Axe but I see it as a pain in the ass.

I'll pass

As far as I can see, there is no USB editor for this thing, which means 'manual' parametering = PITA. IMHO this could be a bummer, OTOH, I can understand they did not create an editor for programming two banks with 8 buttons each, and 2 expression pedals..under 40 values.

To select a scene via MIDI, you have to be able to specify more just a CC number, but also a value.
Yes I know and after rereading that manual I think DLC86 is right : The unit does not seem to be able to do this; and in that case I'll surely pass too ! Maybe in a later FW version, but for the time being I agree it's a flaw.

I’m still a bit dumb on midi, could those up/down buttons on the right (or any of the others) be used to go up/down presets?

Pretty much all I need to do with a controller is go up/down presets and also be able to toggle some effects on/off. From what I understand the buttons on this can send CC commands so I’d just match the number it sends to the number of the effect I want on/off on the MIDI page in the axe FX.

I’m still a bit dumb on midi, could those up/down buttons on the right (or any of the others) be used to go up/down presets?

Pretty much all I need to do with a controller is go up/down presets and also be able to toggle some effects on/off. From what I understand the buttons on this can send CC commands so I’d just match the number it sends to the number of the effect I want on/off on the MIDI page in the axe FX.
Correct, for me scene control and thus CC value are mandatory, but if you intend to use it like this it should work for you

Update - the producer of the Pedal is Meloaudio (and calls the pedal "Midi Commander"). Harley Benton just relabeled this. There is a new Firmware named "newest scene mode" on their webpage https://meloaudio.com/pages/manual. I just installed ist on the MP-100 - selected Mode A (Press and hold A button during power on one time) then the pedal sends Midi CC Channel 34 Values 0-6 when pressing Buttons 1-4, A-B. So you just need to got to Setup - Midi Remote - Tab Other - Scene Select to 34 on your FM3. Page Up / Down Buttons will change the preset, buttons 1-4, A-B Scene 1-6 and the button D can be assigend to tap tempo or tuner as you like.

so does this now make it an effective controller for the axe fx 2 - ie I just want to change scenes in a preset and use the looper function. would this controller now do all that

so does this now make it an effective controller for the axe fx 2 - ie I just want to change scenes in a preset and use the looper function. would this controller now do all that
unfortunately it is not free programmable - if you use the "newest scene mode" firmware you can select scene 1-7, button 8 can be assigned for a single function eg. tuner and preset up / down will change the preset. (see me posting above) but with this firmware you cannot switch to a "looper mode"

Back
Top Bottom